Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm hoping you can help me figure this out. I've been looking for a headunit and found that the Pioneer Avic F700bt has some pretty cool features. I really like the bluetooth and how you can talk to it and have it call or play your music, etc. Also the high res video monitor is nice too. I was surprised to read that it woudn't play DVD movies. Is that for real? So the Avic D3 appears that it can play movies but doesn't have the advanced bluetooth features of voice recognition.

Are there other headunits out there that would have the same features the F700bt have and include DVD Playback?

THanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
The F700bt is an older model and I think the current equivalent would be the X710BT. It doesn't play DVDs either but you can step up to the X910BT which has that function for about $115 more. Personally, I wouldn't pay the additional $115 for DVD functionality on such a small screen. The X710 can play compressed video from either an SD card or an iPod with sufficient quality, so I would just use those to play video if needed. The reason I say this is because I've owned the AVH-P4100DVD for several months now and have yet to put a DVD into it. If you give us a price point, we can probably make a better recommendation. I would say that if money doesn't matter, get a Kenwood unit but I can't really say much bad stuff about Pioneer either.

-Wes

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info KP.

I would like to keep it under $700 so I know that puts the $1000 dollar systems and their features out.

It appears the F700bt will play Mpeg4 video. I just thought it might be nice to be able to have a passenger watch a movie if we were on a trip. I realize the 5.8 screen vs a 7in but like you I don't expect to be watching movies that often.

My previous truck had factory OEM Bluetooth and I liked how the system could ask you questions and recognize your voice. I guess thats what appeals to me the most with the F700bt.

The JVC would be awesome but it seems geared towards playing video. No nav!. Otherwise that one would have had big potential.

I'll check out the X710

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts