Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Tundra Crew and seriously considering the Katzkin seat covers. I've recently decided to keep my truck and updating it with the leather interior. I've always wanted them; just put it off. I've researched here and read everything I can find, but all of the threads are very old. Curious if anyone has more recent experience with the product. Certainly not cheap. Estimate I received was around $1,800 installed. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks. Steve

·
Registered
395 Posts
Want to save a few bucks? I just installed the "I Can't Believe its Not Leather" seat covers that I got from CARID and was amazed with the thickness of the material and the overall quality and snug fit of the product. The seats in my 02 were fine but I take my dog with me and the cloth seats were a pain to keep "de-haired". These covers are great and easy to keep clean. Less that $450 for the set. Chap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Want to save a few bucks? I just installed the "I Can't Believe its Not Leather" seat covers that I got from CARID and was amazed with the thickness of the material and the overall quality and snug fit of the product. The seats in my 02 were fine but I take my dog with me and the cloth seats were a pain to keep "de-haired". These covers are great and easy to keep clean. Less that $450 for the set. Chap
Thanks much Chappy! I'll look at these too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2011 Tundra Crew and seriously considering the Katzkin seat covers. I've recently decided to keep my truck and updating it with the leather interior. I've always wanted them; just put it off. I've researched here and read everything I can find, but all of the threads are very old. Curious if anyone has more recent experience with the product. Certainly not cheap. Estimate I received was around $1,800 installed. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks. Steve
I've seen there site too. They look good. My 2008 is a limited so leather installed. Still thinking of the same upgrade. Do you get it? Tony [email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2000 Tundra that had the original leather interior. About 3 or 4 years ago the interior was in sad shape and I came across the Katzkin replacement leather. After I ordered the entire front and rear kit I started checking on install price. The price quoted, by the local shops, to install was outrageous. After a little research I decided to tackle the job. Replacing all leather, front and back seats, took me about 6 or 7 hours. The 1st seat was a learning curve and after that it was fairly easy job. Just somewhat time consuming. If your current seat cover is worn thru and some of the foam seat cushion is worn away take the foam cushion to an upholstery shop and have the cushion rebuilt back to original shape. I didn't do that and after a few months I had to remove the leather cover and have the cushion rebuilt. The leather was starting to wear. Get a package of hog rings and hog ring pliers from Harbor Freight or some place that is cheap. You are only going to most likely use them once. The fold down arm rest were the most time consuming. Finally figured out I needed to turn them inside out in order to install them. Just had to unroll them onto the arm rest. If you are the least bit mechanically inclined you can do the job. From the information I have come across some of the auto dealers are installing Katzkin leather to upgrade the cars they sell. Once installed you will not be able to tell it is not original interior.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2000 Tundra that had the original leather interior. About 3 or 4 years ago the interior was in sad shape and I came across the Katzkin replacement leather. After I ordered the entire front and rear kit I started checking on install price. The price quoted, by the local shops, to install was outrageous. After a little research I decided to tackle the job. Replacing all leather, front and back seats, took me about 6 or 7 hours. The 1st seat was a learning curve and after that it was fairly easy job. Just somewhat time consuming. If your current seat cover is worn thru and some of the foam seat cushion is worn away take the foam cushion to an upholstery shop and have the cushion rebuilt back to original shape. I didn't do that and after a few months I had to remove the leather cover and have the cushion rebuilt. The leather was starting to wear. Get a package of hog rings and hog ring pliers from Harbor Freight or some place that is cheap. You are only going to most likely use them once. The fold down arm rest were the most time consuming. Finally figured out I needed to turn them inside out in order to install them. Just had to unroll them onto the arm rest. If you are the least bit mechanically inclined you can do the job. From the information I have come across some of the auto dealers are installing Katzkin leather to upgrade the cars they sell. Once installed you will not be able to tell it is not original interior.
Thanks for the great information Bear. I'd consider myself "the least bit mechanically inclined", but not much more! I could handle that with decent directions, but not sure my arthritis could handle it. I'll most likely spring for the install this time. Thanks. Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts