Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Tom today and he provided a little more information. The vault will consume about 70% of the console. He said the power outlet will still be available. Tom also said there will still be enoungh room for sunglasses, IPODS, perhaps your small handgun, in my case a Glock 26, on top of the vault. He said he should have a final prototype and pictures within the next two-weeks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Who is Tom?:confused:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts
I need to save a little cash but these look nice. I need to get one. It is a real dilemma not having secure storage (the glovebox doesn't really count). Since it is lockable and "not readily accessible" you could store items in there and it would be off limits to prying eyes or an ambitious traffic cop. :tu:

·
Registered
528 Posts
cool deal...keep us posted

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Does that mean that the vault will fill the bottom of the console leaving several inches on top? That's interesting - a 2 stage compartment. It should even be possible to hide the compartment as a false floor since an intruder or a cop might not know that the console box is more than 4 inches deep.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This vault will interfere with the Stealthbox that JL Audio will undoubtedly come out with for the new Tundra. There MO thus far has been to design their subwoofer boxes to occupy space in the center console, or replace the center seat cushion in 40/20/40 front seats. I'm not sure why I posted this here, but I'm now 11 beers into my evening. Have a great weekend, everybody....

:sleep:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toxarch - I wondered the same thing after you pointed out the plastic appearance of the lock. This was the response I got from the manufacturer.

Mike:
I assure you there is not any plastic is any Console Vault, especially in
the lock. The lock is a combination of cast and tooled metals. Please be
assured that I test all items before they go into production.
Thanks
Tom

StatCoder/Toxarch - what are you guys transporting that you need to hide things from the cops? On second thought, I don't think I want to know. :D

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An update. I have attached a picture of the installed Tundra vault. I received the following measurements and information from the manufacturer. Exterior "useable" dimensions, 10 1/4" x 11 1/2" x 7 1/2" H. Door dimensions, 7 x 11. Useable space on top of vault, 11 1/2" x 14" x 3 1/2 at the highest point and 2 1/2 at the lowest point. The 12v outlet does fit and is removed for installation purposes. It reportedly allows for a charger to be plugged in and still allow the vault door to open. The vault door is spring loaded and pops it open 2" when the lock is released. I should know an availablity date by tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some additional pictures from the manufacturer. He said they should be available around the end of the month or beginning of next.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks pretty nice. Now if I can ever get a Tundra I'll get one of those!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I spoke with Tom Duengel, the owner of Console Vault today. He said the vaults are in the boxes and ready to go. I asked some of the usual questions. It is made of 12 gauge cold rolled plate. It is powder coated with an industrial black wrinkle finish. He said it should take 3-4 minutes to install. The Tundra Solutions group price will be $259 delivered. That includes the keyless lock. Normal Console Vault web-site price for the same unit will be $336. I expect mine early next week. I will provide a full report as soon as I get it. Tom can be contacted at 1-800-878-1369 if you have any questions. Tom as been providing outstanding customer service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just hung up with Tom, real nice guy to deal with. Mine will ship Monday, hope to have it by Friday. He was really excited about it stating it was the largest console vault to date and came out perfect.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I spoke with Tom Duengel, the owner of Console Vault today. He said the vaults are in the boxes and ready to go. I asked some of the usual questions. It is made of 12 gauge cold rolled plate. It is powder coated with an industrial black wrinkle finish. He said it should take 3-4 minutes to install. The Tundra Solutions group price will be $259 delivered. That includes the keyless lock. Normal Console Vault web-site price for the same unit will be $336. I expect mine early next week. I will provide a full report as soon as I get it. Tom can be contacted at 1-800-878-1369 if you have any questions. Tom as been providing outstanding customer service.
How long is the group price good for?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good question, and one I forgot to ask. I'll see if I can find out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been following this thread, and no recent posts, can anyone comment on how they like their vault and if the group buy thing is over, yea it has been awhile, but I just got my truck.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I like how it turns the big console into a deep locked box with a top surface that is like a normal 4 inch deep container. The only problem I had was that the screws included didn't go in very well. One was too loose and the other was too tight. I contacted the guy who makes them and he said that there was apparently more than on supplier of the console so the fit was different. I didn't get any updated screws or anything, though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts