Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating selling the Tundra...time to upgrade...Lexus ISF!?

I have had my tundra for over 2 years now. Although I love the truck and have spent lots of cash customizing it to my liking, I think its finally time to sell her for something new and truly sporty!?

I have my eyes set on a used 2008 or 2009 starfire blue Lexus IS F, I understand it is completely different upgrade but I already own a lifted 2007 prerunner tacoma to handle the daily hauling duties of my quad and dirt bike. For awhile I kept believing the tundra would possibly come close to matching this awesome cars performance if I through on the supercharger but after some reading it seem impossible.

Stock the vehicle runs high 12's at over a 110 mph, I know some tundra's have hit high 12 but this is with DR/slicks and much lower trap speeds, plus the benifit of 4 comfy seats factory DVD navigation, and the sweet mark levinson sound system.

If I go through with it my tundra will be deeply missed! Which brings me to the concept of pay her off keep her and get my lexus too! haha :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
The Lexus IS-F is a fast vehicle for sure, but it's the size of a corolla... I wouldn't say it seats 4 comfortably. I hope you're not like me... 6'5", because you definitely won't fit in it easily...

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Agreed. If you are going to upgrade, upgrade to something that is fast AND comfortable. Unfortunately, that can only get more expensive. But if you are going to do it, do it right.

I have a 2010 TL AWD with the 6 speed manual. It's not as fast as the IS-F, but she'll rip through the gears, Acura's NAV blows Toyota out of the water (IMO), much larger than the IS series, and fully loaded for less than $44,000. Cheap as far as midline lux goes.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Agreed. If you are going to upgrade, upgrade to something that is fast AND comfortable. Unfortunately, that can only get more expensive. But if you are going to do it, do it right.

I have a 2010 TL AWD with the 6 speed manual. It's not as fast as the IS-F, but she'll rip through the gears, Acura's NAV blows Toyota out of the water (IMO), much larger than the IS series, and fully loaded for less than $44,000. Cheap as far as midline lux goes.
I had my 2001 Acura CL-S for 7+ years before the Tundra; outstanding dealership service and not even ONE issue the entire time I had it... exceptional vehicle for sure!! My wife LOVES the new TL... wicked fast and big interior. I can sit in the back seat behind the driver's seat even when it is adjusted for me driving...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed gentleman! The IS F/IS line does have a small back seat compared to say the 2010 TL(very nice car I must say! Honda has the slickest manuals in my opinion).

But luckily I am only 5'10 and a buck 70, the car was very comfortable up front for me and i would imagine front passenger occupants up to 6'2ish would be plenty comfortable, but yes the back seat isnt the biggest, I sat in the back and it was comfortable for someone my size but much bigger and it gets tight quick I could see.

The lexus fits what I am looking for, I love the look, mileage was decent from forums I've read for a 5.0 V8 sedan, it runs 12's stock(want a car at least in mid to low 13's stock/otherwise i'd keep tundra) so far it has decent aftermarket support for upgrades and have seen dyno video's of ones putting down 400 wHP with bolt ons (stock is 416 crank HP).

I just figure as long as the backseat can fit some average size people comfortable for the short haul is all i need as I usually drive alone or with the wife on roadtrips and lucky for me she is asian so i could put her in the glove box if needed!:D jk, but seriously!

I just wish i could keep both!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts