Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fox coilovers cranked to roughly 3" and can't seem to get an alignment that doesn't feather the outside of my front tires(3 tries!) SO, are control arms the best solution? And if so, there are the new and SPENDY Icon's with a covered uniball and and Kore is supposedly about to release some that don't use a uniball, but rather a high angle ball joint.

Thought's on these choices(noise, longevity, maintenance)? I had some uniballs in a 4" level/lift from pure performance that I took off and they were noisy! Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump, bump.... c'mon guys :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would those help my alignment issues? All the adjustments are maxed out and I've heard that the issue is no adjustment on the upper control arm. The two options I mentioned above have adjustable camber/caster I believe. Hopefully there are some well informed opinions on this 'cause my $1500 tires are wearing off the shoulders and I don;t think I'm the only one ;) THANKS!!!

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
Would those help my alignment issues? All the adjustments are maxed out and I've heard that the issue is no adjustment on the upper control arm. The two options I mentioned above have adjustable camber/caster I believe. Hopefully there are some well informed opinions on this 'cause my $1500 tires are wearing off the shoulders and I don;t think I'm the only one ;) THANKS!!!
This is quoted from the first paragraph in the link.

"These arms also correct the suspension geometry by increasing much needed caster which improves handling and allows for a wider range of alignment adjustment."

I was also having feathering on the outside of my tires. It took brakecheck three times to get it right. Have you tried a different alignment shop?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the Total Chaos ones. The ball seemed to rust pretty quick. Would not recommend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I saw that they "say" it corrects the geometry, but am wondering if people believe that or if I need the ones with adjustable camber/caster given that the stock adjustments are maxed out. Also, hoping for opinions on the two new ones I mentioned vs the camburg and TC ones that have been out for a bit. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I went ahead and spent the few hundy extra on the Icons for the ease of adjustability of camber since that's been the problem, also low cost of replacing uniballs if that ever becomes an issue). Hope to have them on in a week or so and can report back a bit later on if the tire feathering issue is cleared up ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts