Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m in the process of converting the rear air suspension to coils, doing a slight lift in the process. The only thing I’m lacking right now are the rear shocks (saving up for the ones I want) and I have to find rear coil isolators. This is where I’ve never been able to get a clear answer..

1) Has anyone found a more affordable answer to rear isolators? Buying from Toyota requires the sacrifice of a first born child and I’ve not been able to find any junk/scrap yard that has any. Unsuccessful finding any online as well.

2) Are they NECESSARY? Far as I can tell their purpose is to cut down on metal-on-metal noise and vibration. Is this their only function? If so, why did Toyota make the sequoia isolators the shape and size they are (long, cone-shape)?

3) If the answer to #2 is that they cut down on noise, is there any reason anything else wouldn’t work? As long as it was a cushioning material (that is durable of course) that fits the spring, why not use it?

Thanks in advance for any help:cool:

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
39 Posts
The rear air coils don't have the coil bucket to catch the coil on the top as far as I know. Think that's what you are looking for. It's not just the rubber ring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts