1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
yea I've that posted on myspace too.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I believe all that. There is no doubt that my truck has great brakes and a strong motor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe all that. There is no doubt that my truck has great brakes and a strong motor.
Actually the braking tests are really just re-emphasizing the accereration performance. Since the Tundra reaches 60mph faster than the others, it can start braking sooner and appear to do a better job. At 60mph, you are covering about 88 ft/s. By reaching 60 mph 0.5 sec sooner and hitting the brakes, you are going to stop about 44 ft shorter than another vehcile, assuming equal brakes. A fairer test would have been to have all vehicles doing 60mph and simultaneously hit the brakes. Certainly clever marketing though.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Actually the braking tests are really just re-emphasizing the accereration performance. Since the Tundra reaches 60mph faster than the others, it can start braking sooner and appear to do a better job. At 60mph, you are covering about 88 ft/s. By reaching 60 mph 0.5 sec sooner and hitting the brakes, you are going to stop about 44 ft shorter than another vehcile, assuming equal brakes. A fairer test would have been to have all vehicles doing 60mph and simultaneously hit the brakes. Certainly clever marketing though.
I hadn't thought of that. Like you said cleaver. I bet it would hold its own doing it the other way too. This truck has much better brakes for stopping my trailer than my other truck. Empty they seem about the same, towing a trailer W/O brakes the Tundra wins easily.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice video but I would like some more information. I would assume it is the 5.7l but it does not say. If it is the 5.7, is that compared to the other manufacturers larger engine (if available, I think the Titan is the single V8 option).

Or filp side, if it is the 4.7l, is that against all other standard engines?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Those tests are certified by AMCI who do vehicle test certification for Maybach, Volvo, Mercedes, Lincoln, GMC, Dodge, Nissan, Chevrolet, Cadillac etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts