Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ambient temperature gauge and my engine temperature gauge both stopped working the other day on my 2001 Sequoia SR5, my ambient temperature gauge shows 3 dashes and my engine temperature gauge does not move at all. The truck still runs great so that leads me to believe the ECU is getting the temperature of the coolant. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ambient temp and engine temp are on the same panel?
No they are't but for some reason my head was telling me that was the issue, i went ahead and changed out the gauge cluster and the engine coolant temp sensor and that didn't fix it. I don't see how the ambient temp would have anything too do with the coolant temperature, still have no check engine light, and am really confused about this issue, thanks! any more input would be awesome

·
Registered
86 Posts
No they are't but for some reason my head was telling me that was the issue, i went ahead and changed out the gauge cluster and the engine coolant temp sensor and that didn't fix it. I don't see how the ambient temp would have anything too do with the coolant temperature, still have no check engine light, and am really confused about this issue, thanks! any more input would be awesome

If you've changed the gauge cluster and the ECT sensor and that didnt fix it I would start chasing wires between the instrument gauge and the ECT sensor. It could be a short in the wire going between them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts