Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I tried to do some digging before I posted this but couldn’t find much.

I have a 2005 Tundra DC 4.7 with 182,000 miles. I started to notice after my truck would idle outside in the morning that there is green fluid dropping from a whole in my exhaust (it’s coming from a rusted out muffler near the rear passenger door). I am not low on coolant nor is there coolant in the oil.

Not sure what to check from here. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Hey y’all I tried to do some digging before I posted this but couldn’t find much.

I have a 2005 Tundra DC 4.7 with 182,000 miles. I started to notice after my truck would idle outside in the morning that there is green fluid dropping from a whole in my exhaust (it’s coming from a rusted out muffler near the rear passenger door). I am not low on coolant nor is there coolant in the oil.

Not sure what to check from here. Any thoughts?
Last time I heard of something like this it was on a BMW where coolant was getting into a fuel return line and ending up in the gas tank and later being burnt off during combustion.

Check around for any corrosion on your coolant lines where it could be leaking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Something to consider, I've noticed the same on a few of my vehicles. My best guess is it's a reaction of something in the exhaust with the deicers used on the roads.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Lets maybe back up a step here. You said you noticed green fluid dripping from your exhaust but how do you know its coolant? Only asking because Toyota uses pink coolant. Not to say yours isn't green coolant in your rad, its just not that common.
I would tend to think more like fester said. You are not low on coolant but you think its dripping out the whole in the exhaust, so how can you not be low if its dripping steady? Plus saying its dripping out a hole in the exhaust, wouldn't it be dripping out the tail pipe too? I thought burnt coolant came out as white smoke, not dripping green.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts