Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out. I have a dakota digital fan controller and I need to install a secondary water tempature sender. I odered from jegs a flex-a-lite hose adapter with two 1/4 threaded ports. Problem is dakota digital doesnt offer a 1/4 sensor. so I ordered a 1/8 NPT sensor and a NPT 1/4 to 1/8 reducer. Problem I ran into was the reducer I ordered from jegs was the probe of the sensor wont fit through the reducer. I ended up trying to file the sensor down but just messed it all up. I went back to Dakota Digitals website and noticed I can buy another 1/8 sensor but it comes with the 1/4 bushing Ill have to need.

The problem Im running into, is if I go down this route It would work(hopefully) but the probe wont be in the flow of the coolant.. The time I screw the reducer in the fitting on the hose adapter, then the sensor in the redcuer you cant even see the probe of the sensor. I emailed dakota digital about it and I got a reply back that said " in order for the sensor to work properally, the sensor needs to be in contact with all the flowing water coming through." Is there another port on the motor where I could put this sender? Worse comes to worse I could take the temperature gauge sender out of the OEM gauge and use that port , but I really dont want to lose that.

Also does anyone know what size the two temperature senders are? Im pretty sure ones( dont know which one) M12x1.5 but I need to know what size the sensor is that only gives the signal to the gauge in the truck and not the ECM. Thanks so much.:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone want me to post pics I can. Also I have found another in line hose adapter that just might work. Kind of scared to spend the $50 dollars and it not work though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allright I found what I was looking for. Ill post pics for all to see when it all gets done. I now have a mishimoto radaitor, one flex-a lite fan 12" fan and another 14" which equals out total to 4600 CFM's. and a dakota digital fan controller. So far I have the fan controller wired up and ready to go, and the radiator in, just got to put the fans on the radiator and hook up another coolant temperature sender. BTW I have been running my truck everyday as a daily driver for the last 4 or 5 months with no fan at all and the stock radiator. With temps being up around 85 to 90 degrees some days recently, the truck never overheated. The fan controller temp always said between 182 and 190. If I let it sit for about 15 mins it would go up past 200. Never ran the truck with the a/c on though. Just a heads up if anyone is doing the electric fan install and forgets a part and has to drive the truck somewhere close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts