Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a set of Tundra Limited 20's that are going on my Sequoia which I'm very stoked about. I have always wanted these OEM 20's since I saw them on a used Sequoia I almost purchased. Someone else beat me to it so I purchased a new 08' Limited which had the OEM 18's and will be going on sale soon. I really want to keep the stock look with the 20's with out a lift since it's the family hauler but I want to throw on some different tires besides BFG's, which I'm over! I've decided on Coopers and Toyos but I'm leaning a lot towards the Coopers because of the aggressive type thread and an awesome qoute from America's Tires plus a $100 mail in rebate that ends tomorrow.

My question is if any of you Sequoia owners have any type of rubbing issues with running 20" rims and any type of same size tires with stock setup?

Much thanks in advance!

~Mike

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If the Sequoia is like the Tundra up front then you won't have any issues running a 20'' rim with the proper tires on them. That is what I run and have no issues. I have had good luck with Cooper tires but have never used their 20'' tires. I haven't been disappointed with Cooper quality and have had 2 sets of them and they wear well.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
i run larger rims and larger tires with no rubbing issues. you'll be fine with that setup. how come you dont like BFG's anymore?

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i run larger rims and larger tires with no rubbing issues. you'll be fine with that setup. how come you dont like BFG's anymore?
What size rims and tires do you run? No lift, correct?

I've ran BFG's for years on my Tundra and even had them on the wife's ride. I recently replaced her tires with Yokohama's and really like them a bunch. BFG's are just way too loud and over rated but hey, don't get me wrong...they are good tires. I'm just done running them on my vehicles.

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love these rubbers!!! They really look a lot like mud terrains but are very quiet on the road. Makes a huge difference on the ride quality with the 20's on and I guess the coopers help too.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
WOW!!!

Now, that's keeping it simple sweet! I'm also a big fan of them oem 20" rims and may have to pick some up myself. So how do you like rolling on them cooper zeon's?

Do you also still have your Tundra?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts