Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Limited with the Nav system and can not transfer enteries from my cell to Nav system any one figure out how to do help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
your kinda sol...you cant download the whole directory at once...my wife was patient enough to do it one by one..while she was waiting for me one day in the banks parking lot..i kinda thought that really sucks doing it one by one..but no choice.believe me we tried a few times...

hope that helps
Lemon

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I was able to "push" 10 at a time from my LG VX8600 phone. Had to link the nav and phone up via bluetooth, then use the phone to push them over. I found the instructions here...

Toyota Bluetooth Phone

This should help.

Damn I'm good:cool: or possibly just a big nerd.:eek:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was able to "push" 10 at a time from my LG VX8600 phone. Had to link the nav and phone up via bluetooth, then use the phone to push them over. I found the instructions here...

Toyota Bluetooth Phone

This should help.

NERD!

Good find!

Geeks Rule!

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I was able to transfer hundreds of names at a time without a problem, however any entry that had more than 2 phone numbers was duplicated in the NAV address book and the phone numbers were not marked Home, Cell, Office, Fax, etc. so I found the feature basically useless. I dial everything from my phone and just use the speakerphone, which is awesome by the way.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Toyota Bluetooth Phone

This should help.

The King Nerderino.

I bought an LG VX8600 so that I could use the phone book transfer option in my '07 Tundra (I use Verizon also).

I have found something interesting about the non-Nav JBL. You cannot send but 1 contact at a time, unlike the Nav head unit. Toyota's online guides tend to indicate any of these type issues are related to the cell phone manufacturers and service providers. However, there is a fundamental difference in the two types of JBL units Toyota offers when it comes to phone book transfer. This means it will take you 10 times the effort to transfer the phone book into the non-Nav JBL unit.

Oh well, I guess I'll work on it one contact at time whenever I find myself waiting in the truck with nothing to do. There's a good chance I'll be switched over to the new combined Sprint/Nextel system by then anyway. I've been waiting until later this summer for the dust to settle at Sprint and getting a fully-functional demo unit before commiting to porting all my numbers over.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
The King Nerderino.

I bought an LG VX8600 so that I could use the phone book transfer option in my '07 Tundra (I use Verizon also).

I have found something interesting about the non-Nav JBL. You cannot send but 1 contact at a time, unlike the Nav head unit...
Dude, that blows goats! Sorry...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey, has anyone gotten a Treo 750 to work with the navigation bluetooth features? It has Windows Mobile 5 so I assuming it would work considering there are several (but not the Treo 750) Windows Mobile 5 devices on the Toyota list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts