Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Dealership got a 2006 Tundra limited , certified , with 11000 miles yes that's all , and then leased for 3 years to the company ,
question , would you buy a corporate owned and then leased Tundra . only maintenance is oil change done 6 times ?
I would buy the wrap around extended warranty
what's you thoughts guys ?

price $28,924.00

how much could one offer ?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I wouldn't buy 2006, I would spend that kind of money towards new crewmax (2010)

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
If you want 1st gen, that's fine, but I wouldn't pay that much for it even if it's one of a kind mileage-wise. Can you even get approved for that much for a 2006?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
i sold my 2006 tundra limited with 25,000 miles on it for $19,000 quick sale to carmax so i could get a new crewmax and they retailed it for 23,000. so if i was you i would either shoot very low or go buy a 2010

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
That price is way too much, even for low miles. I've seen fully loaded 06's with EVERYTHING on them for less, and in the 30k miles range which is still barely broken in. Last one I saw was $22k, 29k miles, 06 DC limited with leather, navigation, sunroof, power everything, all kinds of luxury. I looked underneath it, it looked like it had never been driven, that clean. It's up to you ultimately, but that's a lot of money for the truck.
Interestingly enough, same dealer had another truck, same options, same year, similar mileage, different paint color and was asking for $29k, I guess red is expensive?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yeah i agree, you could probably find a better deal or talk them down a ways. As for if your wondering about a fleet and leased vehicle that is what mine was. I got all the oil change dates from carfax when i checked it. So it had been maintained. I bought mine with 80k miles and have had no problems. But I guess it all depends on how the company took care of it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Price is WAY too high. As far as 2006 model year: GREAT! That was the last of Gen 1s and they had pretty much worked out all of the kinks / problems by then.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
So Dealership got a 2006 Tundra limited , certified , with 11000 miles yes that's all , and then leased for 3 years to the company ,
question , would you buy a corporate owned and then leased Tundra . only maintenance is oil change done 6 times ?
I would buy the wrap around extended warranty
what's you thoughts guys ?

price $28,924.00

how much could one offer ?

By the time you add the warranty and TTL youre looking at $30K+. I would NEVER pay that much for a '06 Tundra even if it only had 11K miles. My old '01 AC had over 160K miles and still ran perfectly fine.

I bought my '06 SR5 DC that had under 30K miles, was CPO and included the bumper to bumper 7yr / 100K warranty for $17.8, its not a limited or 4x4 but I couldve found a 4x4 limited for $3K more which wasnt worth it to me since I dont care about leather / heated seats.

If it was my money Id keep looking around. :tu:

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Not 30K for 2006. Get 2010 or 2009 for the same price. Oil changes don't mean a thing - u don't know who and how was driving it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dealer won't budge down , humm going to have to wait for another 2006 to come in .. unless it sits there for sometime on the lot , maybe a deal then
thanks

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Remember, dealers are generally more inclined to wheel & deal in the latter days of the month.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I bought my 05 DC 4x4 TRD salsa red Tundra on 4-01-05, no joke. I paid 27,627 it had 3 miles on the odometer. I live in R.I. which is one of, if not the most expensive regions in the country. I know there are less and less of these awesome trucks out there but that is crazy. I think it will be there as long as you look, at that price. You can have mine for 27,627.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
$25100 is high book for this ride and that includes certification. I would offer $24500 max including all taxes and fees. Also pay no more than $1500 for the 7yr 100k bumper to bumper. Just remember be nice, make your offer and be prepared to walk if they say no. BTW I do this for a living.:D

hoki

·
Registered
544 Posts
Lol wayyyy to expensive. Find a certified 2nd Gen for same price or less! My truck was about 28k when I got it 0 miles on the odometer... Literally rolled out of the transport truck. Knew it was the truck lol!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts