Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My idle was running high with my original TB. So, I bought a spare junkyard TB with the intake air control valve motor and I have it installed now. The junkyard TB looks like it came from a high mileage truck. My idle was still running high so I decided to install a new IAC gasket. The inside of the IAC was so dirty it was black. I didnt try cleaning it, as I may have damaged the original one this way, even though I just used Q tips with the cleaner.

My V6 is now idling around 1000 while in drive. In park, it ranges from 1200 to 1500. It is definitely closer to the 1500 when the engine is warmer. This cannot be correct, right? Is it time for me to break down and buy the IAC from Toyota? Hopefully I can order it online at a discounted price

Please help if you have any ideas. The MAF is clean, and TB bolts are torqued correctly.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
It can take a while for the system to correctly integrate the new unit. An overly high idle also occurs after simply cleaning the throttle body and throttle plate. Give the ECU some run-time (could be a week or so...) to finally settle down.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has not settled down any. It is still running higher when the engine is warmer. I think I will be taking it in to find out how expensive it will be.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another symptom I noticed: It struggles more to crank over when it is cold in the morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a thought....Does the engine temperature seem normal. The idle is controlled in part by engine temperature, especially when the engine is cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts