Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i talked with the sales rep, at Corsa today. Quoted me 1100 which is weird cause 4wheels unlimited in my home town quoted me 895 anyway. He said its very easy to install uses all the factory hangers and so on. Does everyone agree is it that simple? Also i didnt understand what he was trying to tell me when i asked about some people have dual pipes running each side of the truck with to Corsa? he said i would have to buy the side out version which is more $$ thx

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Installation is super easy, I think the offer two versions, single split side exit (looks like two pipes coming out on one side) and dual split side exit (single pipe exiting out on left and right side of the truck). Hope that helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the single corsa exhaust on mine and it is quiter than anything I have ever drivin at interstate speeds. It has a wonderful grunt to it while under WOT and the sound in tunnels and underpasses while revving is intoxicating!

Also, though I didn't install mine personally (I would have if I had bought it), I looked underneath and it looks to be a very straight foward install :).

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Installation is super simple. If you're unable to install the system, your mechanical skills and common sense are below zero. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Installed mine 2 days ago. Took me hour and a half and that's because it was 98 degrees outside. I bought the corsa sport.

Go to StreetsideAuto.com Corsa sport #14577----Corsa touring #14578 Pick which one you want then put in basket, Go to checkout and where it says redeem coupon punch in-- save --. The corsa sport ended up being $761.00 delivered. Luckily I bought mine from an individual. It sounds freakin awesome!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Installed mine 2 days ago. Took me hour and a half and that's because it was 98 degrees outside. I bought the corsa sport.

Go to StreetsideAuto.com Corsa sport #14577----Corsa touring #14578 Pick which one you want then put in basket, Go to checkout and where it says redeem coupon punch in-- save --. The corsa sport ended up being $761.00 delivered. Luckily I bought mine from an individual. It sounds freakin awesome!!
That is a avery good price! The lowest I have seen is at Autoanything for $800 shipped.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx everyone!! and DavidT I'm no NASA engineer but i think ill manage this one! :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
That is a avery good price! The lowest I have seen is at Autoanything for $800 shipped.

Yeah, Was going to order from Streetside and the day before found my corsa on craigslist.

One good point is Streetside stocks everything they sell unlike Autoanything if that helps in anyones decision !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Install took me 1 to 1 1/2 hour to complete doing this as a one man job on my back in the driveway. Previous experience with catbacks was zero. Hit the existing hangers like a charm. Bought mine well over a year ago and paid around $860 delivered. Sport with dual side out.

Extremely happy with it. Absolutely no drone.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I wanted one of these bad, but they don't offer it in the short wheelbase for the RCSB.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
It really is an easy install. I did it by myself in about 2 hours. Would have been nice if I had another pair of hands but I didn't want to wait. The hardest part was wrestling the hangers out of the rubber grommets. You can do this - just follow the Corsa instructions (they're available on their website if you want to see what you're getting yourself into) and you will save yourself a few hundred dollars. Be sure to use a torque wrench and retighten everything after you've driven it for a while.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Ah yes, the elusive grommet pliers......next time around I'll invest in a pair before I start.:usa1:

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I wanted one of these bad, but they don't offer it in the short wheelbase for the RCSB.

I did as well. Ever think about just buying their muffler and having a shop bend up some tubing? :cool:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Hi Frankie. One of the engineers at Corsa told me to just buy their whole system and shorten the front part to fit the RCSB. I had to do this with the Borla system anyway. My concern about doing this with Corsa was that the shorter overall length would affect their acoustic sound cancellation tuning but the Corsa engineer thought it would still work.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Hello!!! ^^

That could happen... They do have the best sounding mass produced exhaust system for the Tundra, I wouldn't want to mess with the sound it produces. Only one way to find out... :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
So what is the difference between the Corsa Sport and Corsa Touring?
I swapped my Sport muffler for a Touring for my 2010 DC. Sport was too loud "for me", both mufflers are universal.Touring has a resonator built-in,thats what takes the "edge" off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awe man...now you got me confused...is the sport to loud? I want something that sounds good but not to loud in the cabin? you know good purr at idle and growling when i step on it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts