Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Crewmax and I'm just about ready to take the cat back exhaust plunge and install a Corsa Sport system. I'm not expecting any sort of mpg gain as a result of the exhaust upgrade. However, I've been doing pretty well on mileage (see Fuelly numbers) and I am concerned about giving up mpg's after the upgrade. I'd appreciate it if all you Corsa owners could chime in and let me know what your experience has been and whether I should be prepared for a signifigant loss of fuel effeciency. Thanks for the help!

· Registered
4,484 Posts
If you have the self restraint to stay off the throttle you'll be fine in the gas mileage department. Just by putting on an exhaust (as long as it's not too restrictive, etc - and this one is not.. nor are any other cat backs that you can buy on the market), you will not receive anything but maybe a few ponies according to the butt dyno, and some sound.

No change in gas mileage unless you drive different - and you probably will.

-rockstate

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have the self restraint to stay off the throttle you'll be fine in the gas mileage department. Just by putting on an exhaust (as long as it's not too restrictive, etc - and this one is not.. nor are any other cat backs that you can buy on the market), you will not receive anything but maybe a few ponies according to the butt dyno, and some sound.

No change in gas mileage unless you drive different - and you probably will.

-rockstate
Thanks for the reply. I realize it will take some serious will power to stay out of the gas with that wonderful Corsa sound, but hopefully I can show some restraint. :) Would love to hear from some of the Corsa owners out there.

· Registered
1,648 Posts
100% agree with Rock/dogstate. fuelly numbers look good even for a 4X4

· Premium Member
648 Posts
I get better mpg with my corsa than I did with the magnaflow. About 19 mpg doing 80-85.

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Did you install your Corsa Sport system yourself?
Yes sir, out in the driveway, took my time and it took a little over an hour. I you have basic skills and basic tools you can do it yourself, it is probably a 2 on a scale of 10

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes sir, out in the driveway, took my time and it took a little over an hour. I you have basic skills and basic tools you can do it yourself, it is probably a 2 on a scale of 10
Thanks for the reply. I placed an order my Corsa system is on its way. Will I need any special tools for removing the exahust from the hangers, etc.?

· Registered
325 Posts
A bottle of soapy water is what I used. Easy Install so do it yourself. MPG's stay the same after you get done rompin on it for the first month. I was coming home the night of my wifes graduation and said check out the sound of that bad azz exhaust honey, well before she could say uh huh I saw blue lights and you guessed it $80.00 ticket, so that kind of got my MPG's back down!

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Pretty much what the others have said above, soapy water (little more soap that water) or some sort of lube for the hangers and everything will slip right out. I have my old exhaust sitting in the garage collecting dust until I (or the wifey) get tired of looking at it or need to swap it out for the "old guy" that wants a quiet exhaust. Once you get it on and get past the "it's new and I want to hear it" stage, you will be even more impressed 6-9 months (or more) down the road, it will sound even better than thae day you installed it!!! I got the wifey a little irritated this evening driving home after the high school basketball game, the temp has dropped to the mid 40s around here and the cold air makes it sound even better and I kept revving up to hear it. I even dropped it into S4 so I could blip the throttle and make it growl!!!

· Premium Member
405 Posts
2010 DC here and you'll love it. No difference in the mpg. Like stated give it a few weeks of getting used to the sound and then keep your foot out of it and it will come back around. No drone what so ever. It seems as quiet or quieter than the stock exhaust at cruising speeds...

· Registered
722 Posts
I started with a Sport on my 2010 DC,sold off the Sport muffler and bought a Touring. Installed myself "both times":p and a mechanic 'I AIN'T'. Gave the stock system to a fellow "Tundrateer",killed two birds with one stone,got the stock system out of the way and met a great couple of folks!

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Dude don't wait, get out there and get that thing on, you'll get warm later!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.