Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Corsa sport on my 2010 Tundra this evening, sounds good but was expecting it to be alot louder? Do they get louder as they break in I hope so!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not likely to get louder since the Corsa design has no packing in it to wear out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We must have gotten the same drop shipment times. I installed mine on my 2010 crewmax today as well.. I think the sound is incredible. Nice sound when you are on it..... almost stock at highway cruise..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It will get louder after around 1.5-2k.:tu:
You can add CAI and it will add some loudness too. Or drop SC and it will be screaming:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
It gets louder after about a thousand or so miles.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I wonder why that is. Not doubting you guys, but as stated, there is no packing to move around with the Corsa. I know both my MagnaDrone and Borla systems got a bit louder after a few weeks, but both have packing in the muffler.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Mine got louder with a few thousand miles on it, coming up on a year since the install, the addition of a CAI should add some sound too, although I had the intake on before the exhaust. I love the sound and I roll down the back window to enjoy it even more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
how much did you pay the the system? Thinking of getting one myself. I don't want anything to loud, as I got little kids with me a lot of the time but when I don't look out!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I paid $800 shipped and everything. It is not loud at all inside ...If you get on it, it gets loud but still keeps the sound outside somehow...It's amazing!

·
Registered
149 Posts
It will stay the same, no packing so therefore nothing can change in the muffler as far as the sound. I have now had both the sport and touring on my truck (touring is my current setup, need to update signature) and I felt the same way! This is it as far as how loud it was, I liked the silent cruise though.

My recommendation if you want it louder is to delete your rear most set of cats, it will be significantly louder on WOT and not drone, it will not cause and engine light either as the O2 sensors are in front of it. Cant remember which thread it was either but a guy tested his truck once up to operating temperature and it emitted no more emissions than with all the cats. I believe the rear set is too help on start up could be wrong though.

As for sound though I have experimented with a lot of setups and would recommend the Touring muffler to anyone doing further exhaust mods such as headers, 2 or all 4 cat delete, as it keeps it from being so raspy and loud. The touring muffler has a perforated core on the inlet side the is wrapped in some special sock filled with packing(im guessing fiberglass) the sock is suppossed to be good for 400,000 miles i believe is what corsa told me and gives it a deeper less raspy sound on WOT when these mods are performed. I love it thus far. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
2010 model Corsa system is more than the other years. There is a difference in length of the drivers side pipe going to the cat. It is shorter. I don't know why that made it more expensive, but it did. The best price i found was $949.00 shipped where as on the same site i could get one for a 2008 for $800. I have about 6500 miles on mine and have not noticed any increase in noise level. I do roll down the rear passenger window just a little every once in a while at take off just to hear it. Steady at highway speeds sounds stock. Went through a tunnel the other day in New Orleans and hit it and i think everyone in the tunnel tapped their brakes...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I may be selling my Corsa sport system, I paid way too much for it, I couldn't see selling it for $800...great price. Still thinking about selling it and using the money on other mods since I'm pretty happy with my custom exhaust system that's on there now. Brand new in the box, never installed it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
2010 model Corsa system is more than the other years. There is a difference in length of the drivers side pipe going to the cat. It is shorter. I don't know why that made it more expensive, but it did. The best price i found was $949.00 shipped where as on the same site i could get one for a 2008 for $800. I have about 6500 miles on mine and have not noticed any increase in noise level. I do roll down the rear passenger window just a little every once in a while at take off just to hear it. Steady at highway speeds sounds stock. Went through a tunnel the other day in New Orleans and hit it and i think everyone in the tunnel tapped their brakes...
Ah, that explains it...mine is for a 2009 which I think is the same system for the 2010, correct?

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
If any of you are curious, Corsa has a sound clip(s) lineupon their website on a Tundra 5.7. Pretty cool. In my opinion, Corsa is the best sounding mass produced exhasut system for these trucks...

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
where was the purchase from for $800. I have a 2010 crew and have been looking but can't find it cheaper than Approx. $1,000 w. Thanks

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts