Toyota Tundra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed a vette on the highway the other day and I knew he wasn't impressed. As soon as the coast was clear I knew he was going to pass me so I punched it. Naturally he was still able to go by me but what was funny was that he continued up the road, came to a complete stop, I went around him at about 70mph and he got on it again and passed me again pretty quickly. I had my windows down and that thing sounded amazing as he went whipping by. I was quite impressed. I am not sure what type of vette it was but I was wondering if a supercharged tundra would have faired any better or would the same result have occurred but just a few seconds later?

Save the street racing comments, I wasn't street racing. I was more of a spectator watching a guy actually have some fun with his sports car.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
I work with a dude that has a 2001 Z06. I have been wanting to race him, on the track of course, just to see how bad he smokes. It would would be fun!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had an '07 convertible vette (Red of all the colors with chrome wheels) that came 400HP stock. With all my mods i.e. CAI, catback, cam, LT headers. This thing was impossible to hook but once it was going, it was virtually impossible for anything (in my experience) to stay up with me. I don't think even a supercharged Tundra could keep up since you have the weight (~5900 # vs. ~3100 #) and the gearing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yup, they're very quick, and no chance a Tundra is going to run w/ one. Just randomly picking one from the *past*, a 1997 Vette only produced ~370 peak HP. For that car, zero to 60 was 4.8 secs. 60 to 100 was another 4.x secs. Fast forward to today, a stock Vette 6.2 w/ automatic trans (no turbo and no forced induction) is 0 to 60 in 4.2 secs. The same car in Z06 form (forced induction) is 3.6 secs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm waiting on the C7's to ship. I'll then wait at least one model year (post intro) before buying one. Once you have corvette fever, it's impossible to shake off.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Corvettes may be quick, but speeding and street racing is illegal. :cop:

Per Tundra Solutions policy regarding street racing, this thread is being closed.

:closed:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.