Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 toyota tundra access cab. The front windshield was hit with a stone and needs to be replaced. I do not have comprehensive insurance on this truck, only liability and uninsured.

All the online "price quote" places are showing $150-$200 (not including trim). Seems low. I assume they are basing their quotes on having comprehensive insurance or for some reason prices on a full front windshield in texas is extremely cheap.

Anyway, is there anyone on this forum from texas who has had their tundra's front windshield replaced? What was your cost? Did you get insurance involved or not?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had mine replaced for 190 because they didnt need trim. IF you want a genuine toyota windshield expect around a 1000.00

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't need genuine toyota. i would like something good, certainly optically wise good. I see a few who say they use windshields that are from the actual OEM (supplier to x brands) and they are slightly higher, but not much. also, in my case, i do not believe trim will be required.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, if you don't mind thin glass, & waves in the glass,
than there are many companys that come out & use that type of glass.
we still have safelite glass here in florida.
i myself on 1 of my cars used them. the glass cracked again. they blamed it on weak frame's.
they said: the body twists cracking the windshield. i said BS. i had it replaced again, with better quality.
calling my ins. comp. & making a big stink. they paid for the right glass.
needless to say, i would never use them again.

i would go to my dealership & have them install the real glass,for several reasons.

we have a high rate of flying objects here in FL., so many things can go though the glass.
especially on the highways.
so safty is important. the waves i can't stand.
i'd rather have a junk yard/salvage yard tundra OEM glasss put in, instead of safelite glass.
in florida there is a law that all windshields are covered by our ins.
beware of cheap windshield glass. it might just cost you a serious injury.
gorilla

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
This morning a rock hit my truck on I95 and put a long crack in it on the passengers side. I called safelite and they filed with my insurance for me while I was on the phone. They're sending a truck tomorrow to fix it at the house and it doesn't cost me anything. The last time I had to replace a windshield I lived in KS and I had to pay out of pocket to fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts