Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hope someone can help me out. Regarding the pics attached, what can I use to remove these spots on the rubber around my windows. I have tried different types of cleaners but nothing seems to get it up. It has been there since I bought the truck 4 years ago and finally tired of it.

Also, anyone know if I can just pick up a pad for my step, or would I be forced to buy the whole side step.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Try spraying silicon on the rubber seals and allow it to soak in.

WRT to you nerfs, no sure... bump.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't know who makes your nerfs, but I was able to get replacement pads for my Westin bars on an older truck under lifetime warranty free. I guess thats why I bought from Westin for my current truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly they dont have a name on them. They don't look to be Westin. They came on the truck when I bought it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You might want to try a Magic Eraser on those window rubbers. Be careful with them, as they are abrasive and you don't want to damage the rubber. You could also dilute some APC (all purpose cleaner) and try rubbing with a terry cloth. There are also some products out there designed specifically for trim restoration, the first one I can think of off-hand is Poorboy's trim restorer. Not sure how well it would handle that mold/mildew.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not tried a magic eraser, might try that and Poorboy's trim restorer. I tried some black restorer, but all it did was shine up the mold/mildew :-(

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
Those window mouldings are toast. You can either remove the rubber coating with a razor blade to show the chrome piece underneath, or you can buy replacements. If memory serves, you can get the pair for about $35.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the link after searching in the forums. Guess that would be easier than me trying to clean them. Sad that someone let them get that bad before I bought the truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I took the suggestion of using the "Magic Eraser" and it did a decent job of getting it less noticeable. I figured that I could spend a few bucks trying that before replacing the whole thing. I will prob just replace the all 4 eventually but for now I guess using the "Magic Eraser" will have to do.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Klasse AIO will bring those back to life. I've restored worse than that with Klasse, it does wonders on black rubber trim. Use an old pad when applying because it be be ruined when youre finished.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I use Klasse products, and it does a great job, IMO.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts