Toyota Tundra Forums banner

CR says you made the best choice!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  skinny2 
#1 ·
Consumer Reports doesn't like the long-term reliability on the 07 Tundra. I know they fixed some things on the 08 but this truck is not what ours is in terms of why we bought a Toyota. I've been in my boss's 07 and I didn't like it.

I bought a Gen 1 over the Titan because of what CR had to say. I bought the V6 because it was what was on the lot and it saved me about $3K. Looking at 2005 year group and esp. the V6, that seems to have the best scores. But, bottom line, if you bought or are considering buying a Gen 1 Tundra V8 or V6, it may be one of those last chances to own a really good full size truck.

I know some of you hate on CR so feel free to flame away :behindsofa: but if you are a fan of CR, as I am know, you have a great truck backed up by some good long term data. If you are thinking of getting a truck and are tempted by the low cost of domestics right now, buyer beware. In the end, "the cheap costs."

I have included some screen shots of ratings from CR for those who don't have access. For grins and giggles I also included some for the Dodge 1500

#2 ·
If you are thinking of getting a truck and are tempted by the low cost of domestics right now, buyer beware. In the end, "the cheap costs."
Haha....as if the Tundras aren't low-cost!! Ya can't give 'em away, who cares how good they run.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Haha....as if the Tundras aren't low-cost!! Ya can't give 'em away, who cares how good they run.
I hear ya. I mean if you're buying a new ride today because it's cheap you might be better off paying about the same for used of a better truck.

All hail to your Dodge hauler, however, because when you get diesel its another story.:amen:

#6 ·
I hear ya. I mean if you're buying a new ride today because it's cheap you might be better off paying about the same for used of a better truck.

All hail to your Dodge hauler, however, because when you get diesel its another story.:amen:

Thanks! 167,000 as of yesterday, all hauling 10-15,000#. Couple of u-joints and a power window switch. Can't complain much. ;) I'm not a fan of CR, mainly because reliability isn't on my shopping list. Worst vehicle we've owned is the wife's Honda and they claim their shat CAN'T stink. Had a lot of different trucks over the years and they've all been pretty good. Love the way this Tundra drives though, handles good and goes pretty quick in the scheme of things. Too bad I bought out the lease before the market fell out.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.