Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 access cab 4.7 L
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some people having issue with the crankshaft sensor wire routing being damaged by rubbing against the AC/compressor pulley. I am in the process of connecting the wires and sensors and I can picture that as the crankshaft sensor wire hanging down is almost again the Ac/compressor pulley. Picture # 1.
I would like to know if I need to fish the wire through this little window (highlighted in yellow picture # 2) opening from the fan bracket and down to the crankshaft sensor to avoid the rubbing against the ac/ compressor pulley. I should have take more pictures when I took it apart.
Please let me know which way to go.
Thank you Henri

SaveShare
Reply Quote
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

henrisecondlife Jul 31, 2022

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah. Its a tight fit. Iirc, I forgot to route mine when doing the TB but remembered before getting too far into the final. The connector is about the size of the hole so you’ll need to work the Mojo to push it through. Or, I may have had to loosen a bolt on the compressor just to ease some relief for the push. Its been a while.

Another option if you can’t make it happen is Zip Tie the wire tight up on that section above the bolt. Not the most optimal, but it will work. The prior mechanic who did mine years ago forgot to route and just pushed the wire up and it stayed for years until I messed around with the A/C Ground to clean it up. When I did that, it loosened that wire just enough to allow a slight rub on the belt. I was able to catch it in time and Zip Tied it secure. Its tight in there when everything is put back.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have read some people having issue with the crankshaft sensor wire routing being damaged by rubbing against the AC/compressor pulley. I am in the process of connecting the wires and sensors and I can picture that as the crankshaft sensor wire hanging down is almost again the Ac/compressor pulley. Picture # 1.
I would like to know if I need to fish the wire through this little window (highlighted in yellow picture # 2) opening from the fan bracket and down to the crankshaft sensor to avoid the rubbing against the ac/ compressor pulley. I should have take more pictures when I took it apart.
Please let me know which way to go.
Thank you Henri

SaveShare
Reply Quote
View attachment 159418 View attachment 159419
henrisecondlife Jul 31, 2022
You can also ziptie to a piece of precision bent painted solid wire to hold it out of the way.

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 access cab 4.7 L
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can also ziptie to a piece of precision bent painted solid wire to hold it out of the way.
I could not sleep last night thinking of it so i put some new batteries in my LED headlamp and work on it. Cooler at night anyway.
So like PHM said the first bracket window (top one) with the two wires is very tight but at least it is easily reachable and in clear view. The second bracket window I believe is a little larger, not easily reachable and blind view. After many unsuccessful tentatives I decided to tape the two wires ( crankshaft position sensor wire and the oil pressure switch connector wire) together and just pull the longer one from underneath in one hand while pushing them down from the top bracket slowly and carefully with my other hand. Both of them came together easily, remove the tape and connected them accordingly. Just be patient and don’t force the wires strongly, go easy on them.
Thank you both for responding.
Now I need to locate the LH # 3 timing belt cover wire rubber grommet of the camshaft sensor. No idea what happened to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts