Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....this is not 100% Tundra related.....

I was wondering if it was possible to use an tundra gas pedal and TB servo (*or other system) for a cableless throttle on my race car. We have had a bunch of issues with cables and being a rear-mid engine application there is nothing out there that you can "off the shelf" use.

I understand that Yoda has had issues with their gas pedals, so in itself may sound crazy, but a wireless setup would have a number of advantages over a physical cable.

~JH

·
Registered
655 Posts
With enough money,anything is possible!!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
First you have to ask yourself why you want e-throttle? 2nd, you have to ask yourself how will this benefit a "race" car, 3rd you have to weigh the pros and cons of both e-throttle and cable throttle. Personal opinion, cable throttle all the way.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
First you have to ask yourself why you want e-throttle? 2nd, you have to ask yourself how will this benefit a "race" car, 3rd you have to weigh the pros and cons of both e-throttle and cable throttle. Personal opinion, cable throttle all the way.
He answered 1 and 2, and I think also 3, in his first post.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Ok....this is not 100% Tundra related.....

I was wondering if it was possible to use an tundra gas pedal and TB servo (*or other system) for a cableless throttle on my race car. We have had a bunch of issues with cables and being a rear-mid engine application there is nothing out there that you can "off the shelf" use.

I understand that Yoda has had issues with their gas pedals, so in itself may sound crazy, but a wireless setup would have a number of advantages over a physical cable.

~JH
I hope you mean an electronic throttle with an electrical cord, not wireless. Using wireless for this without military grade hardware would be suicide.

That being said, an electrical cable instead of a mechanical cable could certainly be done, and I would imagine fairly simply. A bit different controlling fuel injection compared to mechanically carbeurated but should be doable. Someone out there has got to sell something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts