Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the fence for awhile now about whether to get a crew max or a double cab. I really like the crew max for the larger rear seats and the ability to be able to storage stuff behind the rear seats but the $4300.00 price difference between the 2 is where i'm hung up on. The bed size isn't a concern since i don't haul to much in the bed. Any of you double cab owners wish you would have got a crew max and how about you crew max owners any regrets?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have been on the fence for awhile now about whether to get a crew max or a double cab. I really like the crew max for the larger rear seats and the ability to be able to storage stuff behind the rear seats but the $4300.00 price difference between the 2 is where i'm hung up on. The bed size isn't a concern since i don't haul to much in the bed. Any of you double cab owners wish you would have got a crew max and how about you crew max owners any regrets?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
I love my CrewMax and the awesome spare available with the rear seats. I have no regrets going with the CM and loosing 1/2 a ft on the size of the bed when compared to my '04 DC. I don't haul a lot of stuff using the bed, so it made perfect sense in my case to go with the CM:tu:

Get the CrewMax:D You won't regret paying the additional cost:tu:

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Hey Mike,
I got my double cab instead of waiting on the CrewMax for 2 reasons....1. Is there enough room for my kids (YES)...2. Do I need the larger bed (YES). Price here was about 2000 more but, the wait was 2 months. Double cab it was...Glad I did!!!:p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is that my check book(wife) likes the double cab better but I really want a Crew Max and we have both instock at the dealership that I work at. That sliding rear window is pretty neat also:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
That sliding rear window is pretty neat also:D
There you go:tu: I forgot to mention the Power Sliding Window:D That's a great plus in favour of the CrewMax:)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My problem is that my check book(wife) likes the double cab better but I really want a Crew Max and we have both instock at the dealership that I work at. That sliding rear window is pretty neat also:D
Sounds like your wife has made up her mind and yours too!! Hope you can work it out.:devil:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
She actually doesn't really care but I'm all about saving money here and there when you can.
Good idea. I think you'll be happier getting what you want and you'll keep it alot longer. for me, I keep a truck at least 10 yrs or more if it hold up. That's why I bought this one. All I did is add some "GOODIES" as I go to make it my own. GOOD LUCK!!!;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I actually don't like the look of the Crew Max. I am 'downsizing' from a F250 crewcab (full 4 doors, like CM) regular box, and I think the porprotions are all wrong on the CM. It looks like all cab and no box, when I stand back and look at it. I haul a lot of motorcycles and other supplies that I want to be able to lock the tail gate. The CM kind of reminds me of the Ford 'Sport Trac'. Albeit the CM is a big-*** truck, the bed needs to be full sized, In my opinon. Also, I am 6'3" and I fit comfortably in the back of the DC, and I like the fact that the seats fold up, giving the full floor space for my dogs when we travel up to my camping site.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hello, for me it was easy , i went with the dc because the crewmax bed was not long enough for my four wheeler. you should have seen the salesmans face when prior to ordering my dc he tried to show me a crewcab .as i walked up ,he had the back door open and said "look at all this room back here this is the 1st one in richmond ,va". i closed the door , told him the bed was not big enough for me and said what dc's do you have coming. his smile turned to shock then he recovered and sold me a dc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No regrets on the CM purchase. My criteria was Towing Capacity and Interior Cabin space (3 kids = more room). CM not to be used as a
work truck, but for family adventures...so the bed space is nice to have but not an important factor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The first thing I did when I walked up to my truck with the salesman holding open the drivers door, was open the rear drivers door get in the back seat. I'm a little 6'2 (320lb) guy and if I can fit nicely in the back all's good...:D The DC was and remains just fine-enough for me, And since I'm the guy that has to pay the $34,500 in monthly payments over the next 6 years, I am more than satisfied driving my choice..:sleep: ..

·
Registered
528 Posts
The first thing I did when I walked up to my truck with the salesman holding open the drivers door, was open the rear drivers door get in the back seat. I'm a little 6'2 (320lb) guy and if I can fit nicely in the back all's good...:D The DC was and remains just fine-enough for me, And since I'm the guy that has to pay the $34,500 in monthly payments over the next 6 years, I am more than satisfied driving my choice..:sleep: ..

Good post

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
The double cab vs CrewMax debate was also a tough decision for me (I actually started debating the two before the CrewMax even hit the lot). I wanted the longer bed but wished for more cabin space since I was coming from a F250 supercab 4x4 diesel. Going to the double cab from the F250 s/c would only be gaining me a few inches of rear legroom. In the end, the cabin space won and I got the CrewMax. Now for whatever doesn't fit in the bed, I have a 6x12 tandem axle trailer it will fit on :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went DC because the price was a tad better for my pocket, when I sat in the rear seats I was very impressed of the amount of room for a DC. That is how I based my decision on the DC vs. CM debate, plus I like the extra bed space.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thanks in advance,
Mike
We bought the Tundra because the double cab is so roomy and we can still have a standard bed. We would have had to go with a crew in any other brand, but the Tundra gives you plenty of space in the rear and it astectically pleases me more with its porportions.
Camper1333

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a 1 month old DC limited 4X4 and have already decided that I want to upgrade to a Crewmax....why? Well, first and foremost I love my DC tundra. I am single with no kids, dogs, etc. But, I can say that I really miss having a sunroof and power rear slider. Plus, I know its a little thing, but I really like the power tilt/telescopic steering wheel on the Crewmax. My DC has the manual adjustment and I hate that it doesnt retract when the key is taken out like the CM does....this allows for easy entry/exit as the steering wheel moves out of the way. Anyway, my dealership was just allocated a Crewmax 4x4 Limited that is black/redrock w/navi just like my DC. So, I put a deposit on the Crewmax as it will arrive at the dealer on 6/04. Do I need it? No, but i want it because I love to be able to put the sunroof down, the power rear slider down, the windows down and feel like I am in a convertable. Also, we go to drive-in movies in the summer, and really think that the power rear window will come in handy as we set the lawn chairs in the back of the truck and listen to the movie over the radio. Anyway, each to his/her own. I rarely use the back of the truck, and 5.5' is enough for me.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I have a 1 month old DC limited 4X4 and have already decided that I want to upgrade to a Crewmax.....
Sheesh, If I had your money, I'd burn mine.:D Sorry, had to say it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts