Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new crewmax has about 1K on it now. I had noticed from day 1 that it didn't drive exactly right especially noticable in curves and such. The steering wheel was also turned a fuzz to the left when going straight and if it was let go the truck would want to slightly track to the right. I took it to the dealer saturday morning to get my Enkei 18" alloys put on and my deck rail system installed. While I was there I told him about the steering and had them check the alignment. The alignment was way off, I got the printout in the truck showing the before and after measurements. Needless to say the truck drives perfect now. Could be something everyone should pay attention to if they are all set similar from the factory.

My new wheels make the truck look way better and they even let me keep the 5-spoke steel wheels that were on it (I got the alloys thown in when I bought the truck). :tu:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a 07 SR5 4X2 TRD 5.7L (monster engine) with tow package. I too notice a slight pull to the right on the freeway. I plan on taking her in this week for an alignment. I'm glad to hear that it is not just my imagination. This is a nice driving truck with gobs of power. I noticed today that the tracking was wandering a bit depending on the road conditions. I think it might be the brand new BFG's breaking in on the searing hot SoCal freeway with grooves. Overall the steering seems tight and precise for such a heavy truck.

I need to post some pics....this is one sexy ride!.....like Paris Hilton in a locker room....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh my steering was tight and precise also, just it wasn't right. I did notice that when my Bridgestone H/T's where newer it handled worse in curves and such. With more miles they stated handling really good. Now they handle even better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts