Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me tell yall I love your sight. I've been on it alot the last couple of days. I've always been a Chevy man, but I ordered a 2010 4wd Crewmax last week. Its suppose to be here on the 25th. I can't wait. I've already ordered some 275/70/18 Toyo A/Ts for it and I'm wanting to order a leveling kit for it. I just want to level the front and not lift the whole truck. I would like for the truck to set perfectly level, but I'm not sure what size kit to get. I've noticed they come in 2", 2.25", 2.4", and 2.5". I was wondering what size anyone recommends. I really don't have a clue and need some input. Thanks in advance and I'll post some pics of my ride as soon as I get my accesories installed. :ts:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
there is a lot available out there. my suggestion would be to do a search on this site as there is a wealth of information on this subject. my personal opinion is a set of bilstein 5100's and you can lift up the front end and get that level look but there are MANY options. Congrats on the truck and good luck.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
honestly, its kinda hit or miss from what ive seen. some trucks actually lift more than others for whatever reason. my lift was listed as a 3'' lift and i actually got 3 inches out of it. its safe to bet you can use a 2.5-3.0 inch lift to get the desired look you want. nice choice in tire size and tires...same as me. you will love the tires.

my driveway is slightly sloped too so that doesnt help much but in a level parking lot its level...

STOCK height with toyo 275/70s

here's a front pic...u can see frt sits higher now.

of course mines a DC so you might get a little different results but not too much to notice i wouldnt think. i measured mine today after the alignment and im within 1/4 of a inch on every corner...which is weird cause stock it was more than that side to side in the rear but now its all w/in 1/4 inch all around.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
there is a lot available out there. my suggestion would be to do a search on this site as there is a wealth of information on this subject. my personal opinion is a set of bilstein 5100's and you can lift up the front end and get that level look but there are MANY options. Congrats on the truck and good luck.
the 5100s are a good option as well, and then u can chose which notch u want if you go to high or not high enough.....post pics when u get it all done...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, for the quick reply guys. I'll have to do some searching on the shocks. I didn't even know that was an option. Please keep the suggestions coming. 07DCWhite thanks, and thats a sweet looking truck you've got. I had the Toyo's in 285/75/16 on my Chevy and liked them pretty well. I actually was wanting something like a 285/75/18 for my new truck, but I didn't have any luck finding them in an A/T. I love the way M/Ts look, but I've already got a farm truck and like the way A/Ts ride on a daily driver. Maybe some day WAY down the road when the Crewmax goes to the farm it can get some M/Ts. :tu:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had it aligned after I installed the shocks, I also put them on the rear. The shocks costs around $240 from shockwarehouse, they had a special going at the time not sure what the price is now. It rides pretty firm the load range E tires probably do not help much either.
This picture shows the tires a little better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
If the ride is a concern you can go to prgproducts.com and look at a prg mini-pak which replaces the overload springs on the rear and vastly improves the ride.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Wish I had some better pics to post, but I did the 5100's on the top notch with BFG AT 305/65r18's. By driveway is slightly downhill too. But in my opinion it is exactly level.

Before

After

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
honestly, its kinda hit or miss from what ive seen. some trucks actually lift more than others for whatever reason. my lift was listed as a 3'' lift and i actually got 3 inches out of it. its safe to bet you can use a 2.5-3.0 inch lift to get the desired look you want. nice choice in tire size and tires...same as me. you will love the tires.

my driveway is slightly sloped too so that doesnt help much but in a level parking lot its level...

of course mines a DC so you might get a little different results but not too much to notice i wouldnt think. i measured mine today after the alignment and im within 1/4 of a inch on every corner...which is weird cause stock it was more than that side to side in the rear but now its all w/in 1/4 inch all around.
Isn't it crazy how much better your truck looks after the lift? Looks great man. I really like those headrest moniters that you posted in that other thread too.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Wish I had some better pics to post, but I did the 5100's on the top notch with BFG AT 305/65r18's. By driveway is slightly downhill too. But in my opinion it is exactly level.

Before

After
Sharp ride I'm debating whether to go with a 295 or 305 tire. Both would look good I just worry about the 305 being such a wide tire on my stock rims.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I did a LRO 3" spacer in the front with 295/70-18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and it sits level:
Damn, whenever I see trucks like yours I wish I bought mine in black.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
PS i just measured mine again today to make sure, and from ground to fender lip its 39 1/2 inches on all but the left rear and on that one its 39 about 3/8s. so, id say mine is pretty darn level hahaha

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Sharp ride I'm debating whether to go with a 295 or 305 tire. Both would look good I just worry about the 305 being such a wide tire on my stock rims.
Thanks! The recomended minimum for the 305 was 8.5" but I'm not too woried about a half inch. So far so good. Lots of people running these same tires on the trd wheels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's mine with the OME front Coilovers (about 2.5-3") and some blocks in the rear. I think you should go for the 285/75 18 Toyo AT's!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.