Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so msrp is 37,181. all the crewmax in this area seem to be the same msrp. i get the dealer invoice, and it totals 33,825. BUT, the problem is its not what i am used to seeing.
They are adding holdback and wholesale something for a total of 1018 dollars. i have never seen this included in invoice pricing since the dealer will get that money from toyota when the truck sells. right?
when i purchased my 05 tundra and 01 xterra, i also was given the invoice sheet. it had the dealer cost, dealer option cost, destination, tda(500 both times) and that is it. along with that were the msrp prices as well.
So why now in 07 when I am getting invoice price sheets, from two seperate dealers, are they inflating the cost with holdback? It appears they are trying to get paid double on that, anyone chime in please.
So, my price right now is 34825 + tax, no doc fee, and no window etch, etc, etc. Im being told told this is 1000 over invoice, but I am seeing it as 2000 over. What are your thoughts.
I want that 1018 off, but am leaning towards splitting it and taking the truck for 34,325. I dont think thats all too bad for a truck just hitting the lots, right? Well, until 3K rebates come out the monday after I sign...........
anyhelp with the pricing would be appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
The cost will only get cheaper if you wait. How long do you think before rebates are announced on the CrewMax? I'd guess May 1 if not sooner.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ok, so msrp is 37,181. all the crewmax in this area seem to be the same msrp. i get the dealer invoice, and it totals 33,825. BUT, the problem is its not what i am used to seeing.
They are adding holdback and wholesale something for a total of 1018 dollars. i have never seen this included in invoice pricing since the dealer will get that money from toyota when the truck sells. right?
when i purchased my 05 tundra and 01 xterra, i also was given the invoice sheet. it had the dealer cost, dealer option cost, destination, tda(500 both times) and that is it. along with that were the msrp prices as well.
So why now in 07 when I am getting invoice price sheets, from two seperate dealers, are they inflating the cost with holdback? It appears they are trying to get paid double on that, anyone chime in please.
So, my price right now is 34825 + tax, no doc fee, and no window etch, etc, etc. Im being told told this is 1000 over invoice, but I am seeing it as 2000 over. What are your thoughts.
I want that 1018 off, but am leaning towards splitting it and taking the truck for 34,325. I dont think thats all too bad for a truck just hitting the lots, right? Well, until 3K rebates come out the monday after I sign...........
See http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/pricing-and-dealers/59437-what-do-these-fees-mean-2/

·
Registered
193 Posts
You probably have two items listed Financial reserve totaling 1% of base MSRP and Holdback totaling 2% msrp. Financial reserve is to help the dealer pay for interest charges for the time they have to borrow money for your truck, and the holdback is just to add to the bottom line. Most car companies have these charges but they don't list them on the invoice. Toyota just lists those items on the invoice while others don't, I don't think dealer is trying to get over on you. I would push for $500-800 more off and call it a day (or if you can wait, I see rebates in the future).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You probably have two items listed Financial reserve totaling 1% of base MSRP and Holdback totaling 2% msrp. Financial reserve is to help the dealer pay for interest charges for the time they have to borrow money for your truck, and the holdback is just to add to the bottom line. Most car companies have these charges but they don't list them on the invoice. Toyota just lists those items on the invoice while others don't, I don't think dealer is trying to get over on you. I would push for $500-800 more off and call it a day (or if you can wait, I see rebates in the future).
I tried. I offered the 34325, no go. Hard to get that price when assanine dealers are asking 39,181 for a 37,181 truck. Clowns.
So, I put a 200 dollar refundable deposit down on it for 34,825 + tax, no doc, no etch. Well, the doc fee may be on there, but tit will still total 34825, so I dont care how they write it up.........
It should be here on Tuesday. Silver/grey interior, sr5 crewmax. Its the color I want, so for 500 more, wtf.
So now that I am getting this on tue, I expect 3000 dollar rebates to be offered by wed, ha.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you are happy with your purchase tuesday, you should be happy with your purchase on Wednesday regardless of the price difference (or atleast thats what economics would tell you). You have got yourself at a great price and at a lower price than what others are paying. Hell my dad paid that much for a double cab, but he had a few extra options, and they overallowed 2k on his trade for some "trade in loyalty" program.

Nick

I'll get my 07 someday, first I have to decide what color I'm weighing Salsa red and pyrite mica, Slate is out of the question since that is the color of my dads truck.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are happy with your purchase tuesday, you should be happy with your purchase on Wednesday regardless of the price difference (or atleast thats what economics would tell you). You have got yourself at a great price and at a lower price than what others are paying. Hell my dad paid that much for a double cab, but he had a few extra options, and they overallowed 2k on his trade for some "trade in loyalty" program.

Nick

I'll get my 07 someday, first I have to decide what color I'm weighing Salsa red and pyrite mica, Slate is out of the question since that is the color of my dads truck.
Slate was my second choice. I had a 1991 toy 4x4 pickup, silver, brand new and was perfect for 275,000 miles. I'm going silver again, after having red, blue, and desert mica in colors. Love the silver, and maybe I'll get the same results as last time. :D
Pyrite is a cool color, not sure I like the red for the tundra. Its a little too bright for me, but thats just me.
I really think the crewmax looks sweet in black, but no way I can own a black truck.
Good luck with your future purchase.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Slate was my second choice. I had a 1991 toy 4x4 pickup, silver, brand new and was perfect for 275,000 miles. I'm going silver again, after having red, blue, and desert mica in colors. Love the silver, and maybe I'll get the same results as last time. :D
Pyrite is a cool color, not sure I like the red for the tundra. Its a little too bright for me, but thats just me.
I really think the crewmax looks sweet in black, but no way I can own a black truck.
Good luck with your future purchase.
First off, congrats on the new truck. Youre gonna love it.

I have the Silver Sky with graphite leather, and I love it. My last three trucks were burgundy, and this silver is such a refreshing change. Its a real pretty shade of silver, a little darker than their Tacoma silvers, and I get alot of compliments on it. First thing everyone says is "I love the color".

Anyway, enjoy the new beast and be sure to post some pics Tuesday night.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The holdback is what Totyota will pay to the dealer so if anything this amount should be SUBTRACTED from invoice, not added. Hold back is one of the things which allows dealers to sell cars ar invoice and still turn a profit. Your dealer adding the holdback to your "invoice" price is as arbitrary as him charging you a $1000 sales staff training fee. You can call it what you want but the bottom line is you are paying over invoice. Bottom line is if you are happy with the price then just pay it. If not then negotiate down to true invoice or wait till rebates hit. A good deal is one where both sides are satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts