Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my 05 DC to the dealer today because I noticed a leak in my transmission (42k miles). One would think that it will be covered under the powertrain warranty but I'm sure they will tell me it was a bad seal or something and it's normal wear and tear. Anyway, before my buddy picked me up, I test drove a SR5 CM 2wd. Lots of power is an understatement. I am 5'5" and did notice that the steering wheel position wasn't quite as comfortable as my 05. The digital readout of the MPG must have been going crazy; I was driving in town and it showed mileage as high as 43.7 and as low as 9.5mpg and changing constantly. Is this eratic fluctuation normal, has anyone else seen this? I sat in the Limited CM and instantly noticed that the telescoping steering wheel was a better fit for me. The new CM is a very nice truck, but I'm hoping nothing major is wrong with mine. I am jealous of all you new CM owners!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have a message from your dealer - it's a total loss. Unrepairable. Please pick out a new Tundra.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The digital readout shows 3 fuel readings. It shows overall average mpg, instantaneous mpg, and range in miles of fuel remaining in the tank. Sounds like you were looking at the instantaneous reading...it will fluctuate with throttle position. I have found the average mpg readings to be very close to actual calculated mpg. Nice feature. Driving the 5.7 requires a bit of self-control, otherwise your fuel mileage will decline in relation to your need for speed!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other thing I forgot to mention.....I can't believe they added power drivers seat to the SR5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad they did, but I wish they would have done this for the 05 models. Power seats are a lot nicer than manual seats.

·
Registered
548 Posts
One other thing I forgot to mention.....I can't believe they added power drivers seat to the SR5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad they did, but I wish they would have done this for the 05 models. Power seats are a lot nicer than manual seats.
I had the power seat on my 05 sr5 DC w/buckets....................
same operation as my 07 from what i can tell.
the sr5 crewmax has a telescoping wheel as well, just now power.
so now you can get one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your 05 DC SR5 had power seats???? For reasons I don't understand, the only "power" on my seats is the Lumbar support. Forward/backward/up/down is all manual on my 05 DC SR5. Regarding the 07 SR5 I drove today, it did not have the telescoping steering wheel, just the tilt feature. I was told that only the Limited's have the telescoping feature.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Bucket seats = tilt/telescoping wheel, go figure. Limited version has a power tilt/telescoping wheel...unless you get the Tow Mirrors, then no power wheel or memory seats.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't understand all the different configurations....but the Limited I sat in today (and started) had the telescoping steering wheel and standard mirrors. The SR5 I drove had the giant mirrors and if the SR5 did have the telescoping steering wheel, the saleswoman didn't tell me and didn't know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts