Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting and waiting and hoping that some higher ups a Toyota have been puposely telling dealers later dates than they will deliver to raise hype. I have been reading everyones posts and it seems that they ( CrewMaxs) have been available on the east coast for a week or two already. Anyone out here in norther California seen one at a dealer yet? Just about everyone I know is waiting for the CrewMax to make up their minds about whether to buy a Double Cab or Crewmax, seems that sales would be way stronger had they be released at the same time! :mad: Come on Toyota, give me a discount and I will use it to fly to the nearest location and drive the damm thing home myself.:rolleyes: So, anyone seen them out here in California?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
CUSTOMER:
EACH OF YOU IS A SINGLE CELL IN THE BODY OF THE TOYOTA NATION. YOU WILL SOON BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A CREWMAX AT THE OPTIMAL RELEASE SCHEDULE ESTABLISHED BY CENTRAL CONTROL. BE ASSURED THAT THEY HAVE BEEN PRE-CONFIGURED WITH THE OPTIONS THAT WE HAVE DETERMINED WILL WORK THE BEST FOR YOU.
WE ARE ONE PEOPLE WITH A SINGLE GOAL OF DOMINATING THE U.S. FULL-SIZE TRUCK MARKET.
HAVE PATIENCE. WE SHALL PREVAIL -

BIG TOYOTA BROTHER

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I know, I feel ridiculous for being so caught up in wanting this truck! I was told ealier ship dates and went ahead and sold my 2000 Tundra and now I am anty as I have to constantly haggle to use my wifes car! I had to sell 'cause a friend had the money "now or Never" and it was a good price.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Stopped by my local dealer at lunch in central GA. They had four CrewMax's - one black, one red, one blue, and one grey. They were very niiiiizzzzeeee.

(ho ho ho. I told 'em we already got one)

Now go away you silly knnniiiiggghhhhit or I shall taunt you a second time.

(Really, they were there. Sorry for the Monty Python relapse.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in SoCal and have driven some down here but they don't have what I'm looking for so I've been calling some dealers in NoCal and have found several that have them on the lot. Sacramento, the Bay area and San Jose were all places I looked. Let me know where Arcata is and I'll fill you in on the deales I talked to.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My local dealer has recieved 6 crewmaxes and has only sold one. They have a 5.7L on the lot with an MSRP of only 32k. I think deals will be coming, becuase they expect 15 more within the next week, since they are already showing as instock on the findatoyota locator. I talked to my salesman today, and we are going to order my truck the first week of May, for a hopeful 1st week of June delivery. He is looking out for my specs incase something comes through the pipeline, but I doubt it will since GST likes to add 1500-5000 worth of add ons on every vehicle that comes through. I am hoping by then they will still have the 1k trade in bonus, and add another 1k rebate along with the low finance rates. Maybe if gas prices hit the roof, the rebates will be even bigger.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My local dealer has recieved 6 crewmaxes and has only sold one. They have a 5.7L on the lot with an MSRP of only 32k. I think deals will be coming, becuase they expect 15 more within the next week, since they are already showing as instock on the findatoyota locator. I talked to my salesman today, and we are going to order my truck the first week of May, for a hopeful 1st week of June delivery. He is looking out for my specs incase something comes through the pipeline, but I doubt it will since GST likes to add 1500-5000 worth of add ons on every vehicle that comes through. I am hoping by then they will still have the 1k trade in bonus, and add another 1k rebate along with the low finance rates. Maybe if gas prices hit the roof, the rebates will be even bigger.
I'm with ya. My local dealer has 4 crewmaxes and has sold none. The first one to arrive about a week ago is still on the lot. When they want to start selling them, they will. I still say Toyota and their dealers are blowing it. They could be pushing these trucks into the main stream where they could gain market share, but they are just sitting on the lot with nobody stepping up to offer value deals. They could move all they get for $300 over invoice. Most would sell at $500 over, but any dealer who thinks he's going to meet sales goals trying to get $3,000 or more over invoice is nuts.

Meanwhile, the F-150s are selling like hotcakes, and Ford has a massive inventory of them - unlike Toyota, whose trucks are like hens teeth. That's all the more reason to give folks a reason to give the Tundra a look. Ford isn't the only one playing hard ball. Nissan has 0% financing and as much as $3,000 to $4,000 cash-back deals. I don't know what Chevy is doing but they too are offering no-interest financing and hefty discounts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts