Toyota Tundra Forums banner

CrewMax owners respond!

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  brow 
#1 ·
Anybody with a Crewmax know if the back seat bottoms flip up? I was under the impression that the seat-backs fold down, and aside from the bottoms sliding, that they were pretty much fixed. Salesman tells me that the seats also fold up, but I thought that was just on the DC. No info is available on this on Toyota's web site. If they flip up, that would be great! Any pics would help as well, thanks!! :D:D

#2 ·
I have a CrewMax, and I don't think the seat bottoms flip up. I don't remember reading about that. The seat backs fold down and the seat bottoms slide forward, that's it. Hopefully a few other CrewMax owners would chime in and give us an answer. Sorry, no pictures.

Are you planning to upgrade your audio system and need to install subs or something back there?

Cheers

#3 ·
I have a CrewMax, and I don't think the seat bottoms flip up. I don't remember reading about that. The seat backs fold down and the seat bottoms slide forward, that's it. Hopefully a few other CrewMax owners would chime in and give us an answer. Sorry, no pictures.

Are you planning to upgrade your audio system and need to install subs or something back there?

Cheers
Thanks for your response! I thought that was the case... I think a couple of other responses confirming will solidify that this is correct.

As for the audio question, no, I just want room for my dogs without necessarily getting on the seats. The advantage of the DC config is that the seat-bottom folds up and although I was initially going to get a CM because of the extra space, the fold-up seat on the DC is actually better for my purpose. But when I mentioned this to a salesguy (by email), he told me that the CM allows for both folding up and folding down. I told him that I thought that only the DC folds up, but I have not heard a response yet and was not able to go down to the dealership to check it out for myself to see if his claim was true of if he was just misinformed. I thought I would post here to see if anybody knew for sure...

#5 ·
Thanks for your response! I thought that was the case... I think a couple of other responses confirming will solidify that this is correct.

As for the audio question, no, I just want room for my dogs without necessarily getting on the seats. The advantage of the DC config is that the seat-bottom folds up and although I was initially going to get a CM because of the extra space, the fold-up seat on the DC is actually better for my purpose. But when I mentioned this to a salesguy (by email), he told me that the CM allows for both folding up and folding down. I told him that I thought that only the DC folds up, but I have not heard a response yet and was not able to go down to the dealership to check it out for myself to see if his claim was true of if he was just misinformed. I thought I would post here to see if anybody knew for sure...
Not a problem:tu: Go with what suits your needs. No matter what you choose, the DC or the CrewMax, they are both awesome trucks and your going to love it:tu:

What type of dogs do you have? Good luck:tu:

#6 ·
Not a problem:tu: Go with what suits your needs. No matter what you choose, the DC or the CrewMax, they are both awesome trucks and your going to love it:tu:

What type of dogs do you have? Good luck:tu:
Thanks! Yeah, both trucks are great, that's for sure! As for the dogs, I've got two Rhodesian Ridgebacks! One is a male and the other a female... both great dogs to have! :D

#7 ·
I'm not a CrewMax owner, yet, but would be stunned to find out that the rear seats flip up.

I do have a couple of dogs, though, and have decided that they will be most comfortable with in the bed of the CrewMax with a bedrug and one of the canvas toppers like Softopper - Canvas Topper For Pickup Trucks ,Fully Retractable Truck Cap, Soft Camper Shell.

I'm pretty sure that the CrewMax doors open wide enough to slide a board on top of the folded-down rear seats that could be used as a surface for the dogs and still be low enough for them to stand up. One of the other threads, here, has a pic of the seats removed. There will be a subwoofer on the floor, though.

#8 ·
You could always try to install a DC rear seat in the CM. Not an easy swap, since the CM slides and the DC flips up, they're probably mounted in the cab in totally different ways. But talk about lots of legroom and floorspace if you could! This might be a bit expensive, but I think you have to ask yourself, aren't your dogs worth it?:)

slmhusker

#9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, I'm looking at doing something creative with a bed top. It is too bad that the rear seat doesn't give you the option of flipping the bottom up. Realistically, there is enough room for them to be between the front and back seats in the CM, but you know dogs... they'll get up there if given the chance.
Not sure what additional features the CM offers over the DC except for real door handles, extra cabin room, optional sunroof, and a power sliding rear-window. But if that's it, maybe the DC isn't a bad option to take...

#12 ·
I have a CrewMax if you could fold the seat up there is no way a dog could look out the window unless its a Big Big Dog. There is about 18 to 20 inch from the floor to the bottom of the window. The rear seats do fold down flat so you could put a platform on it if needed. The dogs would love the rear power window also.

#13 ·
I have 2 Labs and I bought my DC for the dogs because the back seats fold up. Only problem is that now they can't see out of the windows too well, so I covered the back seat with a comforter and let them sit on the comfy seat. Happiness...for a dog...is sticking your head out the open window and letting your ears flap in the breeze!

#15 ·
Well, my dogs are large enough that getting their heads out the window is nothing to worry about... the male is about 29" tall at the whithers and the female is about 27". The only problem I see with the DC with regard to the seats folding up is that the subwoofer is placed there... that could be a real problem... any other thoughts?

#16 ·
My plan is to take out the back seats. Then the floor space will be HUGE! And the seats are really easy to remove. Just a few bolts....
I am thinking of doing this for the solo overnight camping trips. I'm going to build a frame that has a nice flat, stable, level sleeping surface, then I'm thinking a double air matress will fit nicely on top!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.