Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new truck, and have narrowed it down to the Megacab and the Crewmax. The rear seat is a big deal to me, as I have growing children, and I will be using this vehicle for hunting trips, where interior space will be most beneficial. The Dodge fits the bill just right because of the way it folds flat and independently from one side to the other. Also, the storage space behind the seat would be very handy. I was all set to buy when I started reading up on the new Tundra, and with Toyota's reputation, I would be doing myself a disservice by not looking at all options. I've owned a Toyota in the past, and quite frankly, I couldn't stand it. It was an '89 Xtra Cab 4x4 V6, and although the quality was there, it was small and it was a dog. It couldn't get out of its own way. That was then....now, the crew max and 381 hp/401 lbft should take care of those issues. Now on to my questions:

Does the rear seat of the crewmax fold flat the way the Dodge Megacab's rear seat does? Also, is there storage behind the back seat? If not, please explain the features the Crewmax has to offer with regard to the actual seat. The Toyota website doesn't seem to cover this, other than the legroom in front.

Regarding the JBL 12 speaker setup, how does it sound??

Any other tidbits I should know about?

My current truck is a Dodge Quad Cab, which I love, but am wanting more space and more power, not to mention a newer truck.

Thanks for any help!!

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can slide the back seat forward by 10", which would then equal leg room of the double-cab. Doing that would give you plenty of storage behind the seat as well. Moving the seat forward allows you to recline the seat back. The back of the seat will fold down, lock into place, and create a flat surface to hold heavy items. I believe the spilt is something like 40/60. The larger side being on the driver side.

That's from watching a video of a walkaround, I haven't actually seen one.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'm in the market for a new truck, and have narrowed it down to the Megacab and the Crewmax. The rear seat is a big deal to me, as I have growing children, and I will be using this vehicle for hunting trips, where interior space will be most beneficial. The Dodge fits the bill just right because of the way it folds flat and independently from one side to the other. Also, the storage space behind the seat would be very handy. I was all set to buy when I started reading up on the new Tundra, and with Toyota's reputation, I would be doing myself a disservice by not looking at all options. I've owned a Toyota in the past, and quite frankly, I couldn't stand it. It was an '89 Xtra Cab 4x4 V6, and although the quality was there, it was small and it was a dog. It couldn't get out of its own way. That was then....now, the crew max and 381 hp/401 lbft should take care of those issues. Now on to my questions:

Does the rear seat of the crewmax fold flat the way the Dodge Megacab's rear seat does? Also, is there storage behind the back seat? If not, please explain the features the Crewmax has to offer with regard to the actual seat. The Toyota website doesn't seem to cover this, other than the legroom in front.

Regarding the JBL 12 speaker setup, how does it sound??

Any other tidbits I should know about?

My current truck is a Dodge Quad Cab, which I love, but am wanting more space and more power, not to mention a newer truck.

Thanks for any help!!

Thanks
Ya know the v6's are all dogs especially with the manual transmission and i think you said that was your fault? Just kidding, the 5.7L DC or C/M will be plenty to get ya to Taos and back!! D/C 07models have different bed options and the C/M is pretty much 5 1/2' and that is it! Also the 07 D/C has 10 inches less leg room than the 07 D/C's, bed space is a plus on the 07 D/C and just go by Beaver and check one out but i got a better deal in Denver at Stevinson's East thru fleet sales/internet! Guys in Abq will not deal much at all!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
the 07dc has 3 inches less rear leg room than the 06 DC. The 07 Crewmax has 7 inches more legroom than the 06 dc. The 06dc is much closer in rear seat room to the 07 dc than the 07 crewmax.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have a 2002 Ram Quad Cab also and was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Mega Cab except for its length. I'm not sure that I needed more problems in tight parking lots and parking garages that I already have. Turning radius of my Ram is bad as it is. I'm looking forward to having an easier time parallel parking with the backup camera.

I'm also not crazy about getting even worse gas mileage than I do with my current Ram, cylinder shutdown feature not withstanding.

Finally, I was never happy with the build quality of my Ram. Very annoying little plastic things have been falling apart within 6 months of purchase. I have had what I feel is more than my share of expensive mechanical problems. After three Dodge's on a row, I think I'm done.

I have a couple of dogs, also and I think they will either have to sit on board laid on top of the rear seats folding forward, or on the rear sits reclined backwards covered with a blanket, or perhaps in the bed with a removable canvas top over it with the rear window rolled down.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am not sure about removing the rear seats. I would say that what little space the Mega cab has more than the crewmax does not make up for the difficulty in parking and manuverability. The Toyota quality will far surpass that of the Dodge.

I have heard the 12 speaker Jbl system. It sounds great. The speakers do however take up the space under your rear seats. Did I tell you how great it sounds?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not sure about removing the rear seats. I would say that what little space the Mega cab has more than the crewmax does not make up for the difficulty in parking and manuverability. The Toyota quality will far surpass that of the Dodge.

I have heard the 12 speaker Jbl system. It sounds great. The speakers do however take up the space under your rear seats. Did I tell you how great it sounds?
Thanks for all the replies! My wife picked up a brochure today, so I got a picture of the rear seat folded down. Regarding the JBL system, since it takes up space beneath the seats, I assume this means no underseat storage, or is it just diminished?

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
not sure if seats can be removed but a couple bolts will remove seat tracks and they will be in biddness!!
Thanks hogwild.

I will be getting the CrewMax as soon as I am allowed to order one, with the options we want . Is just my wife and I and the boys ( 3 Rottweilers).

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
did not know ordering was an option!! they i mean yall will love the rear window feature especially when they blow air LMAO!! was wondering if they got smart in 07 and reinstalled locking/latched gas door? 06 was a brain fart had to buy locking cap which is not too bad but mu 93 has they locking door which i like better, small junk like this is what ya do not think about! Also hope you can find the transmission dipstick?? GOOD LUCK!! Been reading a lotta early moans and groans from new owners and seems i would read owners manual really well before me or anyone else worked on it!! tire lug torue 145 Ft Lbs? this has to be the steel wheels and i would questiion that as a typo before i did it! i can imagine the oil capacity on the 5.7L, probably 8 Qt. Min. Friend has a GMC HD 250 DMD and his lugs are twice the size as my 06DC and his are 145 Ft Lb but you would expect that on that monster. Happy shopping!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts