Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is way too much wood in that interior for my tastes. I don't mind a few wood accents but man thats over kill. I'd rather spend that money in after market mods and such.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, those are the wheels on the "Texas Edition" which is what we here in the Gulf States region get instead of 20" alloy wheels. We pay for alloy and get chrome.:td:
I sent a message yesterday loud and clear at my local dealer. They had a newly-arrived CrewMax that I was ready to buy, but the deal-breaker was those wheels (those chrome monstrosities pictured above). I told the salesman up front I could not live with those awful wheels. I got to repeat that to the sales manager later when we were inside the office.
It really baffles me why Toyota puts that junk on the truck, when it's not even the Toyota alloy 20" wheel featured in the vehicle brochure. I told the salesman I could deal with either 18 or 20 inchers, but I wasn't having any of that chrome stuff. He said they might otherwise consider switching the wheels for me but he said the speedometer was tuned for 20s and putting 18s on it would mess it up. I told him never mind, I didn't want a new truck that had to be piece-mealed into shape. I decided to wait for the truck I want, straight off the hauler.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Your dealer is an idiot. The 18" and 20" wheels have the same overall tire diameter, there is just a trade off in the side-wall height being less on the 20". If you had a truck with 18's you could put one of the 20" on as a spare and see no difference in height. This means the speedometer will not change. Glad to hear you walked out on these imbeciles; I am incredulous about how most educated buyers (like those on TS) are smarter about the product than the dealers are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
There is way too much wood in that interior for my tastes. I don't mind a few wood accents but man thats over kill. I'd rather spend that money in after market mods and such.
That wood will cost you $400 plus.:mad: Which includs dash, doors and console trim all parts are molded. Too high for me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts