Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I purchased a 2010 Crewmax 4X2 in April and it came with a 6 spoke 18" rim. They put the little 255/70 18 Michelins on them. I want to put a bigger tire on these wheels to give the truck a stout look. I am thinking about a 305/60 18. I was wondering if anyone has these rims and put this size tire on them. I have attached a picture of the rim and tire for reference.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Those rims appear to be just a redesign of the 2007-2009 TRD wheels. They came with 275/65R18's.
I know that some members have put 305's on them but technically the 305's should be on a 9" wide rim. There are also some minor skid plate clearance issues with 305's.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I have those same wheels, they are wheels that GST puts on as an "upgrade". Personally, I think they are ugly, but since moving away from the GST area, it makes my truck unique from all the other trucks around here nobody has them.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
tire sizes have been beat to death already....do a search. regardless of the design of the wheel, the 18 inch wheels are very plentiful and tons of people have gone to a more appropriate tire size...and posted about it.

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barney Fife - - I did a search and did not see anyone with these rims. I am looking for someone who has these rims with a large tire before I spend the money. Sorry for the redundancy.

Asainflava – I agree that they are ugly but I think a larger tire could help them out. I have seen one guy with BFG MT and they did look a little better. Not sure what the size was?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
sorry i was just referring to the tire size...sure your wheel is "unique" but its just a silver painted cheap looking wheel that looks an awful lot like all the others that are out there....

i'd just get some nice TRD wheels since they are out there all the time...it would get rid of the rental truck look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry i was just referring to the tire size...sure your wheel is "unique" but its just a silver painted cheap looking wheel that looks an awful lot like all the others that are out there....

i'd just get some nice TRD wheels since they are out there all the time...it would get rid of the rental truck look.

Ouch Deputy Fife! Not the nicest thing to say about a man's truck...

The wheels are not "silver painted cheap looking wheels"; they are aluminum and what if he doesn't want to be like every other Joe Blow with the infamous TRD wheels?

What if I were to say: Why did you get the weak ass 4.7L? Why not get a real engine like the 5.7L and get rid of the rental truck engine?

To the OP, here is a picture of a crewmax with 305's on your wheels that I found...

Attachments

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Ouch Deputy Fife! Not the nicest thing to say about a man's truck...

The wheels are not "silver painted cheap looking wheels"; they are aluminum and what if he doesn't want to be like every other Joe Blow with the infamous TRD wheels?

What if I were to say: Why did you get the weak ass 4.7L? Why not get a real engine like the 5.7L and get rid of the rental truck engine?

To the OP, here is a picture of a crewmax with 305's on your wheels that I found...
Ouch! 17 posts and already making friends....

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its amazing the hostility an innocent question can create.

Yazoo, I appreciate the comments and I too have a 5.7L. Now back to business... thanks for the pic of the crewmax with the wheel and tire combo. Is that truck lifted?

I think the wheels look pretty good with that set-up.
MaylonTRD – very nice ride as well… its amazing how the right tire size makes the truck look better.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Its amazing the hostility an innocent question can create.

Yazoo, I appreciate the comments and I too have a 5.7L. Now back to business... thanks for the pic of the crewmax with the wheel and tire combo. Is that truck lifted?

I think the wheels look pretty good with that set-up.
MaylonTRD – very nice ride as well… its amazing how the right tire size makes the truck look better.
Thanks man, you're right a small lift in the front an slightly large tires make it look like a whole different truck. I have 305/65R18, good luck to you!

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man, you're right a small lift in the front an slightly large tires make it look like a whole different truck. I have 305/65R18, good luck to you!
What do you think the smallest lift I can get by with? I have read were some people were using the spacers in the front... I think they were 1.5".... is that enough? how did the 305/65R18 tire effect your speedo?

Thanks for the help.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
What do you think the smallest lift I can get by with? I have read were some people were using the spacers in the front... I think they were 1.5".... is that enough? how did the 305/65R18 tire effect your speedo?

Thanks for the help.
I think the smallest I've seen anyone put on was 2.5". The speedo was a little fast from the factory so with the tires it moved the speedo slower and it is near correct. I'm not sure exactly but if you put a gps in the truck you can see how much you are off exactly.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
guess that did come across harsh...oh and they may be aluminum but they are still painted and still silver (well maybe powdercoated but big whoop). the non trd wheels are the weak point of these trucks no matter how many spokes they have, they all look like rental truck wheels. no biggie though. i have a rental truck motor. works for me. :)

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guess that did come across harsh...oh and they may be aluminum but they are still painted and still silver (well maybe powdercoated but big whoop). the non trd wheels are the weak point of these trucks no matter how many spokes they have, they all look like rental truck wheels. no biggie though. i have a rental truck motor. works for me. :)
I will trade wheels with you to make your rental truck complete. Just kidding... couldn't help myself!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

Thanks for the help.
Ran across a small lift like you were talking about. It's 1.25" and says you can run a 33" tire (which I think you can run anyway). Here's a link
Pure Performance Catalog

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ran across a small lift like you were talking about. It's 1.25" and says you can run a 33" tire (which I think you can run anyway). Here's a link
Pure Performance Catalog
After reading some other threads, it seams that everyone likes the Bilstien 5100 setup... how much would that run?

35X12.5X18 Mud Grapplers on Steelies .... those did look aggresive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts