Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my truck in for tire balancing, and to get stealership to straighten out my crooked steering wheel from where they did an alignment and didnt straighten it out......what a joke the service manager is!!:mad: balance is fine, but now my wheel is turned to the right when you are driving straight!! he said they swapped the front tires around, and he also told me that i had "radial tire pull"!! sounds like a load of crap to me!! needles to say, im done with that dealership, because this always happens with an alignment from them, but not all the way to this extent though!! so,what does it sound like the prob is....maybe toe just needs an adjustment?? what ya think?? thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Steering wheel should be centered after any (almost) alignment so their guy either doesn't know what he's doing or is sloppy. Radial tire pull is a real phenomenon though. Rotate the tires to the rear and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sometimes the alignment machine, itself, or its calibration, can be an issue. Generally, the newer the alignment equipment and software, the better the alignment, assuming the tech is performing the alignment properly. The latest Hunter software and equipment features "Win-Toe" and "Win-Align" and makes the procedure much easier than the older style aligners.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think it all depends on the shop. My previous vehicle, a 99 Saturn SC2, would hold straight on the steering wheel but @ >65mph the steering wheel would shake. On long trips the vibration would cause a numbness in my hands. It always seemed to happen after an alignment from a
local franchise, VIP. I finally realized the shop was the problem after following an alignment w/ them w/ an alignement from the Saturn dealership... What a world a difference! Originally I thought I was balancing problem but the dealership assured me it was only an alignment issue.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i finally took the truck in for a good alignment with my buddys @ the goodyear place.....now its the way it should be! proves to me that the stealership was just very lazy.....definitely picking another dealership to take my truck to for warranty issues, and maintenance i dont wanna do myself( timing belts, transmission service)!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
They have specd measurements for all adjustments on the PC print out and no reason for a missaligned steering wheel!! NONE!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have specd measurements for all adjustments on the PC print out and no reason for a missaligned steering wheel!! NONE!!
yeah, trust me, i know!! kinda stupid to me that this has been an ongoing thing with my dealership here in rock hill!! ill be getting new bridgestone dueler revo's soon from the goodyear place here, and ill keep letting them do the tire balancing and alignments when needed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts