Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
My dealer says that's just the way it is, and no adjustments. It's by far the worst cruise control I have ever experienced in 40 years of vehicle ownership. Dunno why the mighty Toyota can't seem to figure this out.... :td:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Royal, welcome to TS and thanks for the info! Guess that disproves that Toyota fixed the problem with the '07s... I have read a ton of posts regarding this, both here and on another board. Seems that some trucks' cruise works just fine, but quite a few do not. :td:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Helpful trick: while this doesn't solve the issue. it does help alot. If you are cruising at 70mph or less, the minute you see a hill, drop it out of OD...the truck will cruise all day long in "4" as long as you are not pushing over 70. That double downshift / double upshift cycle will stop. Once you hit level ground again, slap it back over into OD.
And that's exactly what my dealer told me to do, and imho, that's a truckload of bs. Not only does it largely defeat the purpose of having/using CC, it's annoying as hell and should not be necessary. I can drive the truck up & down the same grades smoothly without using CC, usually with no downshifting (auto trans). In my 40 years of driving, I have owned several vehicles with CC and have never, ever experienced a CC remotely as bad as the piece of junk in my Tacoma. I like the truck, but its CC is a very bad joke. Toyota should hang their head in shame over this. :td:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.