Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 2007 tundra and i have cruise control problems. When i push the cruise control button on the controller the may or may not come one. It can take over 100 pushes then maybe it will work. Then once the cruise light is on I try to set the speed and that can take between 1 and 100 plus pushes(pull downs more correctly). Once it's engaged it works fine unless i tap the brakes then I start all over again. I've heard talk of the cruise control switch or the clock spring? Any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I know this is an old post, but i am now having the exact same problem with my 2008 Tundra. Cruise can only be turned on intermittently. I have checked tail light bulbs, and all other bulbs as well. Brake light switch appears to be working as well. Could it be the actual cruise control switch? I've heard that the CC switches themselves are practically bullet proof, so not sure what is going on. Any suggestions other than taking to the dealer to diagnose?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2007 tundra sp ctl. Takes 100 pushes to get the cruise lite /. Then takes another 100 to get it to set. Once set it work great until you hit the brake and then start over again. Anyone solve this problem???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced the cruise control lever assy and it can be done easily by removing the airbag but not necesssary to pull steering wheel unlike You Tube said. Can be done in about 5 minutes. Bad news is that didnt fix my cruise control.problem. Still poor response on button action. So ??????

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2013 was doing the same thing. It came down to the brake switch on the floor by the brake pedal. Noticed my brake lights staying on hours after I shut the truck off. Went on the internet and discovered other people who had a similar problem said it was their brake switch. All I did was wiggle the switch until the brake lights went out. That will cause your cruise control to turn off or never turn on if it thinks the brakes are being pressed. IDK it fixed my problem with no parts to change. I am just careful to not let my foot hit the switch when I am driving. Haven't had the problem again in over a year now. Cruise works every time. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a good as new cruise control lever assy in the box ,if anyone needs to trouble shoot your system. It did not fix my intermittent operation of the green cruise lite, set, speed and resume fx . Valued at $ 80. From Rock auto.. my next part will be the clock spring ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts