Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5 Double Cab
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2005 Tundra and noticed that the cruise control stalk does not illuminate at night with the lights turned on. Is that how it is as designed?
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Steering part

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2005 Tundra and noticed that the cruise control stalk does not illuminate at night with the lights turned on. Is that how it is as designed? View attachment 155816
Yes, this is normal. It's like every toyota cruise stock I've ever owned ('97 Camry XLE, 2000 Solara SLE, 2006 Solara SLE, 2005 TUNDRA SR5 4x4, 2015 Camry LE.) They have never changed. They all operate the same. It's just a matter of memory.

Up is Resume, or when held and cruise is set, Accelerate
Down is Set, or when held and cruise is already set, Decelerate.

If you pull the stock toward the driver, or toward you, it will cancel the active cruise without losing your preset speed so you can resume, just the same as just stepping on the brake during cruise.
And the button just turned the program on and off.

It's not more complicated than that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, this is normal. It's like every toyota cruise stock I've ever owned ('97 Camry XLE, 2000 Solara SLE, 2006 Solara SLE, 2005 TUNDRA SR5 4x4, 2015 Camry LE.) They have never changed. They all operate the same. It's just a matter of memory.

If you pull the stock toward the driver, or toward you, it will cancel the active cruise without losing your preset speed so you can resume, just the same as just stepping on the brake during cruise.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

But does the control light up at night when lights are turned on?

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
No.
Its easy to confirm. Shine a bright flashlight on it. You can see the writing is painted on and there is no hole behind it to emit any type of light.

Reactions: Bevo2000
1 - 5 of 5 Posts