Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Iraq, and my sister had been driving my truck and now the cruise control dosen't work. I checked the fuse and its not blown so what else could be causing it? Help me out please

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Firstl, thank you for your service to our country. Secondly, go down to Radio Shack and get a little volt meter (maybe 5 bucks) so you can check and see if power is flowing to the cruise control switch. If you know the fuse location, check and see if power is present at the terminals. Maybe purchase a repair manual that shows a schematic so you can trace the wiring. Maybe a mouse or nosey neighbor has been poking around or someone took it "offroad". Who knows. A wire could have been ripped out of its plug. Good luck my man.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well theres power to the switch and the fuse, so now I'm at a dead end again. Guess its wire tracing time....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Just a thought, maybe pull the battery wires for ~5 minutes. Maybe this will reset a few things. Could be that simple.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, still no cause, but a buddy of mine who's an ASE mechanic, is gonna do his thing, soon as I find out I'll post it up. This one problem has been lurking in the TRD the longest of any...

·
Registered
82 Posts

Check the stop light switch. It may be loose or need adjustment. If it's out of adjustment then the cruise thinks you are applying the brake and won't engage.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well heres the update... still no cruise control. I even broek down and took it to the dealership and after 3 hrs they had no idea. So its aftermarket cruise for me when I have the time/money

1 - 9 of 9 Posts