Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crutchfield has our truck listed in their online configurator. it will tell you what will fit. only 4 different nav systems are said to fit due to the depth. additionally, here are the details they state about installation:

Installation Details
Modified Fit - Requires Modification

Installation Details for your 2007 Tundra
» To install this product, you’ll have to modify your vehicle.
» You will need to fabricate a mounting kit in order to install your new receiver.
» A wiring harness is not available. You will need to splice into the factory wires.
» Bypass your factory amp by running new speaker wires from the stereo to the output side of your factory amp.
» If the factory radio is replaced, the factory AUX input connection will be lost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
crutchfield has our truck listed in their online configurator. it will tell you what will fit. only 4 different nav systems are said to fit due to the depth. additionally, here are the details they state about installation:

Installation Details
Modified Fit - Requires Modification

Installation Details for your 2007 Tundra
» To install this product, you’ll have to modify your vehicle.
» You will need to fabricate a mounting kit in order to install your new receiver.
» A wiring harness is not available. You will need to splice into the factory wires.
» Bypass your factory amp by running new speaker wires from the stereo to the output side of your factory amp.
» If the factory radio is replaced, the factory AUX input connection will be lost.

THERE IS A WIRING HARNESS AVAILABLE. IT'S ITEM # 120701761 WHICH IS A PRETTY UNIVERSAL HARNESS THAT FITS MOST TOYOTA'S. DONT CUT YOUR HARNESS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know what size the in-dash (side) speakers are?

·
Registered
256 Posts
THERE IS A WIRING HARNESS AVAILABLE. IT'S ITEM # 120701761 WHICH IS A PRETTY UNIVERSAL HARNESS THAT FITS MOST TOYOTA'S. DONT CUT YOUR HARNESS!
Segodfre,
Thanks for this information! I'll be installing a nav, as soon as a stock looking dash kit becomes available. Are you saying I can use this harness with a Pioneer Avic Nav, and it'll plug straight into toyota's harness?

Thanks!
Gary

·
Registered
53 Posts
With the adapters you get from Crutfield the depth isn't a real problem. I put 4 6 3/4infinity Kappa's in the doors and 3 1/2s in the dash.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I was playing with it last night and it says that the front doors have 6.5s. I took mine out so I know that it is a 6X9.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts