Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CUB Cargo Utility Box - The best truck accessory ever!

I want some weather proof storage in my bed. Basically for my hitch and tie downs, 2 stroke oil (I ride stand-up jet skis often) and maybe a few basic tools. Sometimes tie downs get dirty and I don't like them in my interior, but they blow around in the bed, get tangled, get wet, etc. I don't need or want a full size tool box that effectively reduces the length of my truck bed.

The CUB or Cargo Utility Box looks promising. anyone have one of these in their Tundra or something similar?

Thanks,

Aaron

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
CUB Cargo Utility Box - The best truck accessory ever!

I want some weather proof storage in my bed. Basically for my hitch and tie downs, 2 stroke oil (I ride stand-up jet skis often) and maybe a few basic tools. Sometimes tie downs get dirty and I don't like them in my interior, but they blow around in the bed, get tangled, get wet, etc. I don't need or want a full size tool box that effectively reduces the length of my truck bed.

The CUB or Cargo Utility Box looks promising. anyone have one of these in their Tundra or something similar?

Thanks,

Aaron
Do a search for Undercover Swing Case and you will find more information. This looks to be almost identical. I have the Swing Case and have been extremely satisfied.

Photos

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HOLY *&^%! the search function SUCKS on this forum. I got 20 pages of results, NONE on the first page had anything to do with a storage box. You are seriously better off searching in google than on this forum.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
That's definitely a great buy at $140 if it's the same quality. I paid $180 for mine from StreetSideAuto.com:

Order amount: US$180.00
ShippingCost: $0.00
Shipping Method: Ground
Tax: $0.00
Handling: $0.00

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
HOLY *&^%! the search function SUCKS on this forum. I got 20 pages of results, NONE on the first page had anything to do with a storage box. You are seriously better off searching in google than on this forum.

Aaron
whats even funnier about that, is if you search google our forum's results show up hahhaha so yeah, google probally does work better than our search function.

but yes, there have been several posts about these type of boxes but nothing close to the price of these. thanks....i might have to get me one afterall. it will be under the armorlid anyway but for the stuff that would normally roll around the bed for slide forward, this is ideal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For the price of o(1) Undercover case, you can almost get (2) CUB cases. I'm definitely getting a CUB.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
For the price of o(1) Undercover case, you can almost get (2) CUB cases. I'm definitely getting a CUB.
Let us know how you like it. I've been considering one for the passenger side as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From those pics, looks like we might not be able to use it with our sliding tie-down thinggies. Looks like that mouting piece would be impossible to install without removing the rails for the sliding tie-down anchors.

·
Registered
860 Posts
That's definitely a great buy at $140 if it's the same quality. I paid $180 for mine from StreetSideAuto.com:

Order amount: US$180.00
ShippingCost: $0.00
Shipping Method: Ground
Tax: $0.00
Handling: $0.00

Was this a CUB or Undercover version? How do you like it?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Was this a CUB or Undercover version? How do you like it?
Undercover, and I love it. It's worked flawless for what I've needed it for since day one. And it is super easy to install.

Check out post 2 for a link to my photos.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
From those pics, looks like we might not be able to use it with our sliding tie-down thinggies. Looks like that mouting piece would be impossible to install without removing the rails for the sliding tie-down anchors.
You are correct. I had to remove mine, but I've since moved it, and will take a picture at lunch to show you where I moved it to.

On second thought (second read), if you are referring to the tie-down system that sits at the top of the rail, I'm not sure how that could be in the way.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think that is something else in the photo because it's also present toward the front of the bed in the picture

·
Registered
859 Posts
Not yours TC...I was talking about the COSTCO pics of the CUB...looks like it has a mount that installs over the bed rail.
don't think that is for the CUB, think that is for some other add-on. Looks like their demo vehicle has a Tonneau cover. Think the bit over the bedrail is for that.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
For anyone still interested, this is what I ended up doing with my tie-down.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts