Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all, I just "fixed" the foam cup holder thingy's... :) Took me longer to cut out the replacements than to fix it. Cost you ask about 45 minutes (tracing and cutting) and $.83 for material. Bought at Micheals (Art/Hobby store) here in Maryland. Pictures attached hope this helps. CSM-H

PS: Couldn't upload the final product as I had attached 10 photos...it looks perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
You should definitely put the instructions on EXACTLY you did it. Like I have absolutely no idea on how to get the center console apart.

Good job! It looks Great!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for posting your fix, it looks very nice. Can you describe how you disasembled the part to get at the foam piece?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about that, I assumed those who read this post would have been following the original (that I didn't write) but has instructions on how to take it apart...having said that.

1. On the double cab console, take a pocket knife, thin blade screwdriver and pry up the flat part of the console...see pictures (black 5-6 inches long and almost square) it just pulls out.
2. Then pull the cup holder portion of the console up and out. It's that easy, once out unscrew, seperate, make replacements and re-install. good luck, CSM-H

You should definitely put the instructions on EXACTLY you did it. Like I have absolutely no idea on how to get the center console apart.

Good job! It looks Great!!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
What was the stuff called you used to replace them?

If you go to JLAudio's web site, you can download the stealthbox instructions, tells just how to take the center console apart:tu:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vando45, It is just a "foam sheet" about 1/8" thick.....any hobby/Crafts store should have it. Also if you look at the pictures I left the tag on it so anyone would know what to look for.......good luck, CSM-H

What was the stuff called you used to replace them?

If you go to JLAudio's web site, you can download the stealthbox instructions, tells just how to take the center console apart:tu:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've performed this fix and included a video and detailed write-up here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts