Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working my way back on the air intake (replaced with a TRD CAI), manifold (replaced with a Megan Racing header) and finally a custom center exit exhaust (cat-back) with rectangular chrome tips. We used an Imco muffler and an Imco resonator. Both cylindrical in shape and they tuck up nice underneath with nothing hanging down. The air flow is much improved as it no longer does an "S" turn into the muffler and back out the rear. Major props go to All Muffler Service (Mark and Bill) in Rocklin, CA. These guys are a couple of gear heads and they both had fun working on my car. I highly recommend this shop if you want a custom exhaust or just need a muffler or cat replaced. :bounce:

All stock, prior to surgery:

Out with the old:

Old stuff: muffler, resonator and the rear jack point:

New stuff! Obviously still on the lift. Just painted the resonator, pipe and some of the pan underneath the spare tire:

A down low view:

Up high, looking down. Just enough tip showing in my opinion:

Everything tucked up nice and tight and blacked out:

Pic from a little further away:

And that's it! It has a real nice sound, not at all "ricey" or like a fart can. I didn't want a big ol' shiny muffler hanging down, but instead, something tucked up and all blacked out, except for the tips. Who'd of thought a Yaris, or in my case a Vios could sound this good! :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
wasnt this supposed to be an econo car when u first bought it back when gas prices were high? hahaha seems like all the mods could have bought a whole lotta gas :)

good job too. unique, and the workmanship looks good. and you like it.

how are the tail lights holding up? still debating on that....

·
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, busted! It's still an econo car, just a whole lot more...ummm...personalized. :D Yeah, well....a guys gotta have a hobby and the Tundra is pretty much modded out with everything I wanted to do to her. :clown:

Thanks for the compliment, no one knows what the heck it is, other than it's a Toyota! The tail lights are still fine, no peeling, etc. It's all good. :tu:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I never thought a Yaris could look this good!!!!

·
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never thought a Yaris could look this good!!!!
Thanks my brutha! :) Just a few well choosen mods and it's a whole new car. :tu:

Nice job on the exhaust! Like the boxed look of the tips. Good job.
Thanks man! We must have test fit about 1/2 dozen different tips with various sizes, etc and this one matched the lines of the car the best. Round didn't work since there is nothing round on the back end of my car to match it to.

I'm trying for a nice clean look that could have been a factory option. Kind of after something both subtle and stealthy. :spy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts