Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, FDLAK loves his Hesco custom dyno Unichip tune on his supercharged tundra so I am convinced to have them take care of mine as long as the price is right. He said that they dyno tune, but then also took it out driving with a laptop hooked up to it to fine tune the timing. It is 8 hours away so I am willing to do this for HP and TQ! I will see what they will do in regards to before and after Dyno charts.

Anyone else around Birmingham, Alabama, interested so we can maybe cut down the cost a little bit? I am planning to go within the next few weeks whenever I can get an appointment scheduled that works with my schedule.

We are not getting the interest we need for the Midwest tuning meeting with Andrew Fernandez coming in from CA..............

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with the tune.
Thanks! You sure that you don't want to make the trip and just stay a night in Birmingham?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a LOOOONG trip. I don't think I'd have chance to get away for that long until next summer.
Big Bummer, man. I can't wait to see and feel the difference at the track with some more HP and TQ. Let me know if you change your mind; I will post the date once I figure it out with Filetobeef.......

·
Registered
304 Posts
You won't be disappointed!
The Dyno Mech will do you a good job. He has a lot of experience with Unichip and they will take great care of you. Tell Lee (the owner) I said hey!

Alright, FDLAK loves his Hesco custom dyno Unichip tune on his supercharged tundra so I am convinced to have them take care of mine as long as the price is right. He said that they dyno tune, but then also took it out driving with a laptop hooked up to it to fine tune the timing. It is 8 hours away so I am willing to do this for HP and TQ! I will see what they will do in regards to before and after Dyno charts.

Anyone else around Birmingham, Alabama, interested so we can maybe cut down the cost a little bit? I am planning to go within the next few weeks whenever I can get an appointment scheduled that works with my schedule.

We are not getting the interest we need for the Midwest tuning meeting with Andrew Fernandez coming in from CA..............

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You won't be disappointed!
The Dyno Mech will do you a good job. He has a lot of experience with Unichip and they will take great care of you. Tell Lee (the owner) I said hey!
They have not responded to my email that I sent in the middle of last week; I guess that I may have to call them. I don't like calling because mechanics are always busy and seem to be hard getting all the answers you need in such a rushed call.........

If I get a hold of Lee, I will tell them you said hey. I am going here because you recommended them! Thanks for all your feedback and information........

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never went to Hescos as I was hoping. Any of you interested in going for a custom tune to your Unichip if I go sometime in the spring or summer? It is about 8 hours from STL heading down 55 South........

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
I am ignorant on this... Explain to me how this all works. You don't have a SC, right?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am ignorant on this... Explain to me how this all works. You don't have a SC, right?
No supercharger, but I wish that I had one! A custom tuned Unichip will tie all of my aftermarket mods together to gain the most HP and TQ possible.

I live north of B'ham about an hour and a half.... I don't have a unichip, supercharger or money but I would ride down there to watch!!:D
I will let you know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts