Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done a custom Leather interior in their tundra? I am thinking about doing a katzkin leather swap in my truck to get rid of the nasty/burnt cloth now that the truck is paid off. Let me know what you guys think. Only problem I have is what about the center console on the 60/40 seat and the door panels.

If anyone else has done this I would love to see some pics of it.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
the folks that do these installs will be able to fashion leather for the panels on your doors that match the seats. i'm not sure what you are asking about the console??

when i was test driving gen1's before i bought, a dealer who owned his own lot shared with me that he puts the katskinz in a lot of the vehicles he sells to update the interiors. he even had all the colors and options he could choose from in a brochure that he showed me. he said to do a gen1 tundra-seats front/rear with bucket seats along with door panels would run me around $1,100.00 installed as long as i stayed with basic colors/leather. you could ask around to car dealers to find out where they get their leather interiors redone to find a high volume shop that could get you all taken care of in your area. from what i have seen the katskinz are higher quality than the factory leather offerings. good choice!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yhea the center console on the bench front seat is actually the seat back/console and armrest all made into one. Kinda hard to figure out how it will work. I thought about just ordering the katzkinz kit and doing the whole thing myself. Just hard to really figure out the center console.

I am gonna see who is around here if nothing else. The last person I had do a full interior for me passed away about 6 years ago. So now I dont know if there is any other people around still doing much auto upholstery

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Heres my Dads '01 Tundra AC....he had a local upholstery shop do a Katskinz 2-tone leather:

Reactions: T23

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yhea thats kinda what i am thinking , instead of being gathered though I just want mine to be flat panels so it looks like it is stretched tighter. Plus the center console with the bench is going to be interesting. The door panels look really good though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts