Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you placed an order for a new 07 Tundra what was the order date and final delivery date?

I placed an order for a new Crewmax on 3/16/07. No firm data available yet on anticipated delivery.

What timeframe have ya'all experienced so far?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
It seems that for CrewMaxes, that the factory is not even accepting orders yet (or is not picking them up). That means no build date. I have one on "order" also, but, I was hoping that my dealer could find one in the current allocation for that region.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not believe my special order could be acccommodated with what is being allocated.

The items that made it necessary to order direct from the factory involves a 4X4 Crewmax SR5 5.7LV8 with NAV and front bench seats

·
Registered
440 Posts
Now the dealer says that the headoffice told him no custom orders will be processed before may22 and delivered till sept 7, anyone else here this or is this just nonsense.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ordered my on 4/12 and am hoping to have a build date by this week or next.

I worked with my dealer and they showed me a list of the "common" configurations built at the factory. I ended up taking a configuration with the Cold Kit and Mud Guards, both which I didn't really want but they build more of this configuration that the rest (in the 8352 series anyhow).

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered a 4x4 CrewMax SR5 with the Offroad Package, Cold Kit, Heated Mirrors, Moonroof, and Sonar on 3/26. The delaer gave me the week of May 14th as a delivery date.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I believe it. San Antonio will not begin rolling out CrewMaxes until August. They probably will be doing batches of their usual configurations until then.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
If you placed an order for a new 07 Tundra what was the order date and final delivery date?

I placed an order for a new Crewmax on 3/16/07. No firm data available yet on anticipated delivery.

What timeframe have ya'all experienced so far?
Have not received my DC yet....FWIW, I placed my order on 3/26 and the dealer said yeterday that it will be in on May 10th-May 12th.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a very frustrating situation.

Toyota wants to sell new 2007 Tundra's to meet their sales goals but cannot supply enough of the product to willing buyers. Not exactly the way to achieve their market share potential.

Most of us truck buyers have a specific need for the capabilities of a truck. The longer the wait, the greater the chance they will loose buyers to the competition..........

And during this wait time, the other Mfg's are working on improving their designs to compete with the 07 Tundra.

Toyota is dropping the ball on a great opportunity given all the R&D, engineering, and marketing expenses invested into this on this new product.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
One dealer told me they're getting a quota of about 3 vehicles per month for special orders. So it sounded like they're slipping in a small stream of special order vehicles. I didn't pursue this, so I'm not sure if it was a true statement or if it was universal (we're in the NW region). Of course, the actual delivery date of the ordered vehicle would be a few months out.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I ordered a 4x4 CrewMax SR5 with the Offroad Package, Cold Kit, Heated Mirrors, Moonroof, and Sonar on 3/26. The delaer gave me the week of May 14th as a delivery date.
Funny, we ordered on the same day, and are getting it about the same day...granted mine is a 4x4 DC TRD, NAV, Sonar, cold kit, tow mirrors...slate metallic

·
Registered
125 Posts
What I understand of this very complicated and ever changing process of this truck's launch is the best way to get one (Crewmax) is to order one close to how Toyota is building them right now. I have a SR5 Crewmax TRD 4wd coming in next month. We put the order in a month or so ago, and the order just got matched, and now have a delivery date estimated to be by the end of next month. I believe we ordered it as a dealer preference order. There are some minor options I would not have ordered, but nothing very substantial which jacked my price up. I have understood if you go a factory order built to your specs it could be close to 6 months or more before you get your truck. I understand Toyota doesn't want to build a bunch of Tundra inventory guessing on how we all want our trucks optioned. Post up if you have more to offer. I have been waiting on ordering this truck for over a year. It appears getting a DC is alot easier than getting a Crewmax at this stage of the game. Bottom line is demand is outstripping production right now, and the trucks coming off the line are getting sold either way. At this point they don't have to have factory direct orders to move them. They can pretty much option them the way they want and either you buy one of those (as I did), or the dealer is going to sell it, or as a third option put your order in and wait a half year. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
357 Posts
This is a very frustrating situation.

Toyota wants to sell new 2007 Tundra's to meet their sales goals but cannot supply enough of the product to willing buyers. Not exactly the way to achieve their market share potential.

Most of us truck buyers have a specific need for the capabilities of a truck. The longer the wait, the greater the chance they will loose buyers to the competition..........

And during this wait time, the other Mfg's are working on improving their designs to compete with the 07 Tundra.

Toyota is dropping the ball on a great opportunity given all the R&D, engineering, and marketing expenses invested into this on this new product.
I don't know, look at the Prius had waiting list for a few years. Mind you there was not a ton of other hybrids out there. Same thing for the play station. I think some times if the supply is a little short, people tend to want it more.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know, look at the Prius had waiting list for a few years. Mind you there was not a ton of other hybrids out there. Same thing for the play station. I think some times if the supply is a little short, people tend to want it more.
There are lots of non-Toyota manufacturers making competing vehicles. Chevy, GMC, Ford, Cadillac, Dodge, Nissan, etc.

Bottom line there are plenty of alternatives. The Tundra is not the end-all be-all in the 1/2 ton truck world.

Toyota will either produce sufficent volume to meet current demand or they risk loosing buyers......Plain and simple.

Trucks are bread and butter in the US

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I special ordered my CrewMax Limited loaded on March 14th I will pick it up at my Dealer on Saturday May 26. It is ready today but i'm out of town and can't pick it up until then.
Total time is Eight Weeks.
I knew up front it would be six to eight weeks .
Can't get home fast enought to get it.
I will try posting pictures after this weekend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When you ordered, what was their estimate? I am told 4-6 months if I decide to order one but I am curious if it may actually be 8-10 weeks as some of you are reporting. It could be that they are being conservative as to not set expectations too high for delivery date or it could be that they are trying to get people to just buy in-stock vehicles.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What I have learned is that if you special order from a lot that has smaller truck sales volume it takes longer to get a "special order" (truck built to specifications that aren't standard for the build region). I was told by one dealer that I would get my special order truck in 8-12 weeks....they were not a large volume truck dealer. Another dealer that was a large volume dealer told me they could get my truck in 7-8 weeks by swaping my build and options for a standard build in the same body style. I ordered my CM with the larger volume dealer on April 21st. My truck was "in production" last week and I am expecting delivery between May 21st-24th....no word as of today so I am hoping for a call in the next 48 hours. Everybody please keep good thoughts for me. Based what that dealer said originally I am guess delivery will happen by the week of June 11th.

I want my truck yesterday.:cry:

·
Preferred Dealer
136 Posts
When you ordered, what was their estimate? I am told 4-6 months if I decide to order one but I am curious if it may actually be 8-10 weeks as some of you are reporting. It could be that they are being conservative as to not set expectations too high for delivery date or it could be that they are trying to get people to just buy in-stock vehicles.
The timeframe it takes to order the vehicle really depends on what kind of options you are looking for and how they are building them in your region. If you are trying to get/remove options that are not as common in your area and the system won't let the dealer make the change, then they have to put it in the system as a special order and not a "preference". The wait time on preferencing, is about 6 weeks plus shipping time. On a special order, you're typically looking at 3-4 months plus shipping. It depends on the special order how many times they have to put it in to finally get it to show up on the allocation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my Crewmax Ltd on April 16th and it arrived today!! Was orginally told the build date would be between May 25th and June 3rd and to expect delivery in mid June. Nice surprise to see it today!! It was ordered and delievered exactly as ordered, but it was not a special order.
This is what I ordered:
Crew Max 5.7 Ltd Nav, RSE, Sonar, 20" alloys, stainless running boards, moonroof, cold kit, XM radio, carpet mats, & mud guards.

Drove the truck tonight and it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
So where was it built? Indiana? Does that mean that the plant is ahead of schedule? My build date is May 28. I wonder if it has been built already?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts