Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I was considering custom ordering my next Tundra (couple years from now) and I was wondering how ppl's experiences have been with that. Were you able to negotiate at all? How long to deliver? How it works with incentives? My understanding about the incentives is that you get whatever incentives are going on when you take delivery. I am assuming the answer to this is no, because a lot of folks who want to order a truck will wait til the right time, but is there a way to find out incentives before they hit the dealerships?

Just getting a start on how the whole ordering a truck works...and if there is anything else I'm missing, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Do a search. There are many, many threads on just this topic. Wading through them may take a couple of years but then you'll be prepared right on time.:)

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Sounds like ordering ahead of time would be the best way to go if there are things you specifically want or don't want. Good luck.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Its 6 to 10 weeks from what I have seen for delivery of a ordered truck, could be less if there happens to be one already in production like the one you are ordering, however that can be rare if you are wanting something that isnt common, which is probably why you would order in the first place.

Negotiating a ordered truck at some dealers doesnt mean it has to cost you more, it actually makes it easier to negotiate since the truck doesnt exist, just take what you want to each dealer and ask them what they will sell you this spec'ed out truck for, gives you alot of time to deal with different dealers.

The incentives you will receive are what is in effect the day of delivery and no there are never any leaks on what comes up for future incentives, they from what I remember come out on the Tuesday starting each new month, alot of guys if they are close to the next month let their truck sit at the lot until the new incentives come out ... but some have been burned because the incentives got worse and you can't get what it was the previous month ... some have tried to get it back dated but for most or all this is a no go.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
but most of the time ordering does wind up costing you more, as alot of the discounts can be dealer discounts from inventory they want to move...and if it hasnt been on the lot yet, they have no reason to discount it to move it. so, unless u just are dead set on a blue truck with red leather (i know, but im sure someone out there has tried to buy one), then a search of inventory and negotiating with dealers over current inventory is probally the best bet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts