Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2006 DCab with the non-JBL and am considering a custom installation. I was told that if I put a speaker(s) under the back seat storage area that the underseat supports would have to be cut. Would this affect the integrity/ability of the seat to hold passengers? Thanks. What was proposed to me was installing two eights in the longer storage area and the amp under the passenger seat. Any inputs would be appreciated.:ts:

·
Registered
639 Posts
whoever told you that was dead wrong, they go into the compartments with a baffle on the top, and only if you have some subs with a bigger ring, you wont even need to remove the plastic under the seat, look in my gallery for a 4 sub set up

·
Registered
273 Posts
blpatrick.....you might want to consider a JL Stealthbox. It goes in your center console area. I have one and it sounds good. I am in the process of adding two 8" subs in the drivers side rear storage compartment. I have the baffle board screwed down and the compartment airtight. I am just waiting for Elemental Designs to start shipping out the Nine.5 amp to power my components and the 8" subs. The JL Stealthbox will stay and it will ran off the JL 250/1. I upgraded all my door speakers front/rear and Dynamated all 4 doors. There are many options for you in stereo upgrades. You should search this forum for othe audio related links. I would have never had my system installed and other mods if it werent for the nice and knowledgeable people on this forum.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I have a single 10" under my rear seat with no mods to any of the seat except for unbolting the plastic under the seat which I could bolt back on at any time. Don't mind the plywood baffle it is now MDF. That is just what I had laying in the garage when I was bored.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts