Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...went to get a diagnostic check on the 02 V8 today and comes up that cylinder #1 isn't firing. We changed all 8 spark plugs and still does the same thing. Same thing as in: whenever i accelerate slowly 50-60, there is a harsh rumble coming from the motor itself and my guess is that it is a misfire. i havent checked if it was the spark wires yet though. anyone care to help me? much appreciated and thanks!

·
Supportive Supporter
1,142 Posts
Next time you're in there....check that cylinders compression.........if it's way low, maybe you have a tight valve or two that can be adjusted.
Just a suggestion,,,,,,,Good Luck! :tu:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Since it is only 1 Cylinder giving you problems, it is easy to check if it is a dead coil pack. Just switch one of the coils from a working cylinder and see.. takes like 5 min.

*I don't know if the pre-03s used still spark plug wires/distributor setup as opposed to coil packs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, they're coil packs...damn...i can hear it not even sparking now. i think its just the spark wires and coil packs. why did they choose not to do the distributor instead toyota did the coil pack (electrical) deal??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts