Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice from veterans dads.

I've got an old Ranger, I am a DYIer and love owning a truck. I've got a 2 year old son and will have son #2 in a few days.:tu: Wife may eventually talk me into kid #3. I am starting to shop for a new ride that will let me drive the kids around from time to time and also be good in the long run for soccer, camping, hiking, fishing, the beach...all the typical father/son stuff. I am considering Suburbans, Pilots and a DC Tundra 4x2 w/a snugtop camper shell. I want a ride that will last 200K miles...I pan to keep this thing forever. I don't drive adults around too often but occasionaly I take church youth out to eat or to service projects. Bottom line: is there enough room in the Tundra DC for this or am I better off with an SUV? Is the bench seat comfotable? How does 4x2 manage in snow/dirt with the LSD? Thanks for all the great info on this website!
:ts:

·
Banned
159 Posts
Sounds like you are a good candidate for the CrewMax, which has a bigger cab than the DC.

I also have a growing family and the wife decided that we needed the extra room in the cab and not the bed so we got the CrewMax.

·
Banned
159 Posts
The bed is much wider and deeper than a Ranger. Also, with the Crewmax, the entire rear window rolls down so long items can be put through the window, into the cab (BE SAFE!) or try a bed extender.

I like the length of the CrewMax w/the short bed because it is still easy to maneuver and park.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the 07 DC with bench seat. I think it is a winner. Our kids are 10 6 and have plenty of room, way more than the 02 Explorer 4DR we traded in. I have owned a Yukon XL in the past and it is a nice ride. But I would take the Yota over GM for reliability.

The 40/20/40 bench is pretty comfortable. The driver and passenger seats are really like buckets. The center seat/console still has a lot of storage room and the floor in front of seat actually has room for the little ones feet (the Ram I looked at had a floor console where your feet would sit).

If you are going to do a snugtop I think you would be in business.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there more leg room in the second row with the bench front or is 2nd row leg room the same with both models?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts