Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install a dakota digital speedometer recalibration unit but was looking for some advise prior to starting into things. I was wondering what the location/colors of the speed wires from the transmission and to the speedometer, I have read several different colors but no definitive answers. Any help would be great. Its a 2004 limited 4x4

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is it as simple as the truspeed install where you just cut the wire going into the speedometer run singal side back to the converter and then from converter to speedometer side of wire?

·
Retired Contributor
5,940 Posts
SPEEDO Calibrator INSTALL
Use this thread for the install, EXCEPT you need connector C13 PIN 2 (Green/Black wire) on the back of the combination meter, thats the wire you cut and tap into your speed controller. The combination meter is what sends the signal to the ecu, cutting this wire and tapping your controller before the combination meter lets you change everything to be accurate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help/quick reply I will try that wire rather than the wires from the speed sensor tomorrow after work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts